Bazemore Interview on DSR breakup and the road ahead in 2007 (1 Viewer)

Slik

Nitro Member
Bazemore Interview

I'm not a Bazemore fan, but I admit I've come to tolerate him more this season than I have in the past. Interesting article.

As far as his former team's recent win and Beckman's having "bought" the
ride...

Registered member said:
"They had a great day in Vegas. Jack didn't make any mistakes. He's a
rookie, and it's a lot of pressure. Whether he bought the ride or was hired
is irrelevant....
...I want the team to be successful because they're a great bunch of guys,
and we all formed good friendships. I think the world of Todd Okuhara and
(Phil) Shuler and the job that they can do. It's a good team, and they all
deserve to win. It's good that Beckman was able to deliver that for them."

Last edited:
Whit is too smart to burn bridges the way you think he is going to. Plus, why wouldn't he be happy for the guys who worked on his car all year long?

Dave - very well said. I'm betting that he will take his DSR paycheck and move on to the Powers/Matco Top Fueler. His driving skills and passion for our sport should make TF even more exciting in 2007!
And . . . Whit will have "HIP" riding with him on every run. I have friends and customers who are TF drivers, but Whit is going to be my guy next year because of what he did for our dear departed friend. Jim

mabey after he recieves his last "shoe" paycheck we will hear from the real whit bazemore.

Ok, that was funny
lol2.gif

I could care less about Baze being finally out of the DSR umbrella (my opinion is that he was the best FC pilot on that team, but most on here would obviously disagree), I`m just glad he`s finally reunited with Lee Beard and that David Powers is giving him a clean slate in `07. He`s got a conection with Beard that only Ormsby and maybe Cory Mac have ever had, and it`s going to be cool to see those two reunited. He`s going to be a big asset to Fuller, and vise versa.

I thought Beard and Bazemore never saw eye-to-eye on how to recover the car if the tires broke loose, and it seemed to be a major issue for Whit in more than one interview. Whit definately shoots from the hip, which isn't always a good thing. Top fuel should be interesting next year.

Whit definately shoots from the hip, which isn't always a good thing.

It's not THAT he's shot from the hip. It's often been who he shot with what.

LOL, I'm sorry. I'm obviously still confusing what is bashing and what is obviously just being outspoken. Often which you're doing seems to depend on who you are. I might be bashing. I might be outspoken. Depends on which I feel like being at the moment. LOL.

I guess if you're bashing, you ARE being outspoken about it. How could you bash and NOT be outspoken? Do it in a low voice? LOL.

Last edited:
it ain't bashing to call a spade a spade. Too many times people confuse driving skills with personality issues. also shooting from the hip is great...if you're accurate. I too have begun to tolerate Whits media persona more this year,not sure why. Maybe just because he's a heckuva fuel driver.

I could care less about Baze being finally out of the DSR umbrella (my opinion is that he was the best FC pilot on that team, but most on here would obviously disagree), I`m just glad he`s finally reunited with Lee Beard and that David Powers is giving him a clean slate in `07. He`s got a conection with Beard that only Ormsby and maybe Cory Mac have ever had, and it`s going to be cool to see those two reunited. He`s going to be a big asset to Fuller, and vise versa.

You speak my mind Chris!

I can't wait for Beard and Baze to go racing again next season, two of the nicest guys in the sport, and both very smart racers, hopefully they can get some wins on the board next year... well I'll be hoping for a championship (oh I just forgot about the new points) a lot of victory’s will do just fine then.
See you next week.

Mike

it ain't bashing to call a spade a spade. Too many times people confuse driving skills with personality issues. also shooting from the hip is great...if you're accurate. I too have begun to tolerate Whits media persona more this year,not sure why. Maybe just because he's a heckuva fuel driver.

Yeah, it's like that promoter in the Mickey Thompson story. He had a very good business idea in bringing motocross to indoor stadiums. Doesn't erase the fact that he's an a-hole and possibly even a murderer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back