Bazemore sidelined again? (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

People he is being fired for a reason. Not his on track performance. Maybe he just dosent play well with others. Lost two good gigs in two years. Maybe he needs to rethink what he is doing. The whole word is not wrong Whitt it maybe you.

If John has chassis available- he should put Whit in the seat. Imagine the exposure Castrol would get. ESPN would run it into the ground!

Not intimating I have any inside knowledge, but a lot of contracts have October 1 as the drop dead point for making changes and notification..............

You might remember when Whit was let go at DSR- He was replaced so Driver-B could earn points for the Skoal Showdown-

I see this, as far as the timing, the reason Powers is cutting Whit loose now, is so Driver-B can get the Shootout points for next year-

It sucks and I don't like it!!

Best of luck Whit- :cool:

Did I answer the timing question?? Was there one?? :confused: clearcoat fumes!! :eek:

:eek:

I am shocked to say the least! I am not the biggest of Whit fans, but he belongs in a quality ride.

Could Phil Burkart be taking over the ride? I heard him say on the Dallas or Richmond audiocast that he will likely be out full time next year and he said it may be in a dragster. Shootout points start in Vegas for the 2008 Shootout, just a thought.

You might remember when Whit was let go at DSR- He was replaced so Driver-B could earn points for the Skoal Showdown-

I see this, as far as the timing, the reason Powers is cutting Whit loose now, is so Driver-B can get the Shootout points for next year..............
Not to mention that as of Sunday he no longer has a shot at the Countdown to 1. When you consider that, it sounds like something that has been in the works, (perhaps since the finish line fiasco with Fuller), and now it can be implemented.

mabey whit should think about putting his own team together again. and it would be a killer if he could take matco with him.

Could Phil Burkart be taking over the ride? I heard him say on the Dallas or Richmond audiocast that he will likely be out full time next year and he said it may be in a dragster. Shootout points start in Vegas for the 2008 Shootout, just a thought.

He just got his TF license in Indy.....Interesting.

This is a shocking development.....

....to me anyway.
You would think the last thing DPR needs is disruption and distraction. Heck, they just put the CAT deal to bed.
Whether MATCO was part of it or not (and I can't imagine this being done WITHOUT their input) this has to un-nerve the CAT people.

If MATCO was NOT on-board, they would/should sent Powers hunting again.

Baze is not my favorite driver but, he's one of the few with personality.

Yep, when you read all of that, sounds like he pissed someone off. Not sure about this statement from Powers though.

"We wanted to give Whit time to pursue other opportunities and we wish him continued success in his future racing endeavors." Seems to me that he could have still finished out the season and pursued other opportunities. Unless as Ray said above, someone else will be in the Iron Eagle in Vegas trying to earn points for next years Top Fuel Shootout.

People he is being fired for a reason. Not his on track performance. Maybe he just doesn't play well with others. Lost two good gigs in two years. Maybe he needs to rethink what he is doing. The whole word is not wrong Whitt it maybe you.
He really didn't lose his gig last year, If I remember it correctly, Matco said they were leaving DSR for DPM....and Whit got raked over the coals soon there after, but pretty much had the inside track with Matco and the new team they were going to. My guess is, the new boss didn't want him to begin with.

...also, there's that dirty three letter word again "hand shake agreement"...you might has well had a "hand shake agreement" with a rattlesnake.

Re: This is a shocking development.....

Whether MATCO was part of it or not (and I can't imagine this being done WITHOUT their input) this has to un-nerve the CAT people.

If MATCO was NOT on-board, they would/should sent Powers hunting again.

“We have had an eight-year relationship with Whit Bazemore and he has been a fantastic spokesman for the Matco Tools Racing program and our distributors,” Matco Tools President Tom Willis added. “We want to thank him for representing Matco Tools for nearly a decade and we wish Whit nothing but success in the future.”

From that statement issued by Matco, it would seem that the relationship between Whit and the tool company is over.

Well NHRA drag racing just got a whole lot more boring.
Whit's one the best funny car drivers ever period. Maybe this is a good thing. Get him back where he belongs. In the fuel class that requires actual driving skills. :D

Reading between the lines I can't help but wonder if this comes down to money.

If the handshake agreement has some major dollars attached to it and another driver comes in who is willing to drive for substantially less, maybe that is why Powers made the move.

It sucks hopefully he wins one of these last 2 races wherever he ends up

Well NHRA drag racing just got a whole lot more boring.
Whit's one the best funny car drivers ever period. Maybe this is a good thing. Get him back where he belongs. In the fuel class that requires actual driving skills. :D

He might be a good driver but if he can't get along with his bosses he won't go to far unless he goes back to his own deal.

I'm glad Hip's not around for this! But.....well, I'd still prefer to have him around, but DAMN! Y'all know what I mean. :)

Good luck in finding a ride, Whit.

I see this, as far as the timing, the reason Powers is cutting Whit loose now, is so Driver-B can get the Shootout points for next year-

It sucks and I don't like it!!

Best of luck Whit- :cool:

Did I answer the timing question?? Was there one?? :confused: clearcoat fumes!! :eek:

:eek:

My thoughts exactly Ray, the timing has everything to do with the Technicoat Shootout/Challenge/Tussle/Rumble/Battle.

Whit is out of the Countdown and the two final races will give the replacement time to get acclimated in TF competition if they are new to Top Fuel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back