Baze tell his side of the story (1 Viewer)

I like Baze..needs to control his emotions on occasion..but overall..I believe he's a keeper.

Baze tells it like it is. Perhaps a little too short of fuse but thats Baze.
Some people just don't like to hear the truth so Baze is critizied for it.

I have heard a term that I think fits Whit to a "T". NO FILTERS.
Personally...........I like it:)

Some people just don't like to hear the truth so Baze is critizied for it.

Some people have been attacked for simply disagreeing with some things that he's said and done. Now you're doing it.

Are you bashing or just being outspoken? :D

I was gonna try to leave this alone, but I can't take this shooting the messenger business anymore. Jon even does it in his article.

While some have blistered him for his openness and personal honesty while usually completely ignoring how beneficial that honesty has been for the sport......

No, some just disagree with some things he's said and done. I'll say it again. It's not THAT he's said what he's said. It's WHAT he's said and done. Who can't get that? I'd rather let it drop, but as long as people need to attack for that, then it will go on and on and on......

If "you people" think you can guess WHY people say what they do (instead of just focusing on WHAT they say), then let me take a stab at doing the same thing. I think the reason Whit has verbally attacked Force and company so many times is because John might be everything Whit wanted to be and probably never will. Let me simply do what you people do and see how long this stays without being deleted.

What's ironic is people defending Whit for being "outspoken" WHILE finding ways to attack anyone who is "outspoken" in disagreeing with his words or actions.

Last edited:
I was expecting that, Ron..and I DO wholeheartedly agree.

It is amazing on occasion isn't it??

I was expecting that, Ron..and I DO wholeheartedly agree.

It is amazing on occasion isn't it??

LOL, last time I added that little bit at the end it WAS quickly deleted! :D

If I DID do what they do, I'd make STATEMENTS (not even guesses) as to why they attack anyone who disagrees with anything Whit has said or done. I have no idea what psychological malfunction would make people do that and I think I'd look pretty ridiculous if I tried to act like I did know.

LOL, if we thought Whit was bashing, and we were outspoken about it, why, we were just bashing, but the people saying that about us weren't bashing us. They were just being outspoken! :D

Last edited:
Absolute dead-center bullseye. Great post.

Thank you. It's a common and cheap tactic in politics that if you can't defeat the message, you go after and try to discredit the messenger. It's what you do when your position's weak to begin with. For some reason, those who disagree with what Whit's said and done in the past are personally attacked in much the same manner. Apparently it's the same mentality.

I've got some good friends on this board. If one of them attacked someone in a ridiculous manner? All I'm going to be able to do is stand back and watch them get what's coming to them. I'm not loyal enough that I'll fabricate things about anyone else in order to defend them.

Last edited:
Thank you. It's a common and cheap tactic in politics that if you can't defeat the message, you go after and try to discredit the messenger. It's what you do when your position's weak to begin with. For some reason, those who disagree with what Whit's said and done in the past are personally attacked in much the same manner. Apparently it's the same mentality.

I've got some good friends on this board. If one of them attacked someone in a ridiculous manner? All I'm going to be able to do is stand back and watch them get what's coming to them. I'm not loyal enough that I'll fabricate things about anyone else in order to defend them.

Who fabricated what about whom and to what relevance?

Who fabricated what about whom and to what relevance?

In that article?

"While some have blistered him for his openness and personal honesty while usually completely ignoring how beneficial that honesty has been for the sport......"

I believe some have blistered him "for" "what" he has been open with. I don't recall anyone attacking him "for" being open. I don't recall anyone ever attacking Whit "for" being "honest" about anything.

In Doug's post above?

"Some people just don't like to hear the truth so Baze is critizied for it."

If you folks wanna worship the ground the guy walks on, that's your business. This could have been a nice little Whit love-fest post and I wouldn't have bothered it until I saw that crap.

Personally,I don't have a problem what he said or how he said it.I have no isuue with anyone telling it like it is.Whit doesn't sugar coat anything,and I think not being PC in today's world is a good thing.

Ron,

When you do what Whit does, for a living, only then could you be qualified to judge his character.

Carol
Carol..I'm sure Ron will reply.

But a man's occupation has nothing to do with one's character.

No arguing from me..Ron makes valid points on how we perceive..and react to one's behavior..(whew..I have a headache now).

Carry on.

I'm not bashing anyone just stating that Whit is outspoken more so than most and he is labled "the bad boy of drag racing" for voicing his views.
I wonder where we as a nation would be if our forefathers didn't voice their opnions?

Ron,

When you do what Whit does, for a living, only then could you be qualified to judge his character.

Carol

Wow. As David said above, how would what you do for a living determine your CHARACTER? I've simply said that the people who have disagreed with some things that Whit has said and done in the past are somehow open season to have their OWN characters judged. Again, as Doug still doesn't seem to be able to comprehend, it's not THAT Whit has said what he's said and done what he's done. It's WHAT he's said and done.

Like I said, have your Whit love-fest threads all you want. If you attack the people who have disagreed with him by making things up about their character, then prepare to be attacked. You might want to do a little better than "Some people just don't like the truth." That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back