Matt Smith Driving KH's Pro Extreme Car (1 Viewer)

"...there's no definitive word whether Smith will give up his Pro Stock Motorcycle gig or on the status of Al Thani's driving career."

What does that mean?

"...there's no definitive word whether Smith will give up his Pro Stock Motorcycle gig or on the status of Al Thani's driving career."

What does that mean?

What I took from it was that Smith may be driving the car that Al Thani drove last year. Maybe The Sheikh will be driving another car... or may not driving at all next year

How can you come to any conclusions with that? I can't see Matt doing that, IMO..he has so much devoted to the bike deal..and he rocks at it. But there is Trickie Ricky in the background..I guess we'll see.

And they have spent mucho time in the desert..ya know.

Maybe KH is stepping out of the seat for a while?

May be refocused on building all those soccer stadiums - hope he doesn't lose his drag racing priorities. Money certainly shouldn't be a problem - after a little research, I found Qatar is third worldwide in natural gas reserves at 26 TRILLION cubic meters (for the non-metric - 891 TRILLION cu ft) !

Last edited:
Something tells me that down the road I see the Shiek pulling out of 1/4 racing all together!!

unfortunately Joe, everything seems to run in cycles. . just look back over the years. . .Budweiser, Prolong, Torco,(others I can't remember right now) and so on and so on. . worst thing is the fall out of unemployment when the bigger deals run their coarse. Problem is the bigger they are , the harder the fallout.

unfortunately Joe, everything seems to run in cycles. . just look back over the years. . .Budweiser, Prolong, Torco,(others I can't remember right now) and so on and so on. . worst thing is the fall out of unemployment when the bigger deals run their coarse. Problem is the bigger they are , the harder the fallout.

Bruce my point is the Shiek is a HUGE ADRL fan, loves the Doorslammer's! And he doesn't seem to have his heart in Fuel racing like the ADRL stuff is all!

Just a quick thought, the company's that come and go are looking for advertising returns, if the Shiek is doing this because he loves drag racing, why would he quit.

Just a quick thought, the company's that come and go are looking for advertising returns, if the Shiek is doing this because he loves drag racing, why would he quit.

and your 100% correct about the Sheik's love for the sport. Hopefully he sticks around for a very long time.

Never said he would quit racing, just stated that he loves 1/8 mile racing, has like 4-5 Pro Extreme cars! His Heart is in Doorslammer racing, Not the Fuel cars!!!

Kh is not quitting racing he is taking a break from driving to focus on business stuff he has here in Qatar... He will be back driving when he is ready... I just wanted to let everyone know that and to say thank you kh for letting me fill in for you... What an honor it is to drive his car.... And thank you frank for teaching me... I have made 3 hits on the car... 1st on just 60 foot, then a 150 foot, and then we were going to go all the way and the sand storm hit right before we cranked the car up... Still went 200 foot and shut it off.... Man what a rush it is... It was so bad you could barely see the score boards at the finish line.... Still very bad storm today and no testing.... Maybe tomorrow will keep everyone posted.....Matt smith

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back