Bad news for Vandergriff (1 Viewer)

“This was very unexpected. To find this out at the beginning of November puts us behind the eight-ball in trying to find a partner for Jordan in 2020....."
what does this mean? did bob ask them at indy and they said, 'yes, we will return', then they went back on their word?
.......or......did bob not ask them until very recently, hearing the bad news? none of my business, but the truth is in there somewhere.
hope he finds some money for jordan and 2020.

There was a FB post by Shawn Reed to another TF driver mentioning trying to steal sponsors. Wonder if There's a connection? Since been deleted.

Ive heard of that before. I think i heard a team owner trying to steal a sponsor awhile back but didnt know the owner of the sponsor was also the driver lol

Last edited:
Looks like the DA Lubricants deal ran out before the World Finals, as Vandergriff was in an all black car without any sponsors on the side.

I also know someone who ran T/F and he told me you would not believe how many other T/F teams owners do the exact same thing everyday and never think twice about doing it to a smaller budget team.

He went on and told me which owners are your friends to your face but behind your back will steal your new sponsor!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I work as an owners rep on multi million dollar projects, owners have told me many times
business is business not to be confused with personal business.

Ken Maune wrote the following,
I work as an owners rep on multi million dollar projects, owners have told me many times
business is business not to be confused with personal business.

Let's be honest here they will cut your throat and the leg's out from under you to get the sponsor away from you and that is part of what makes it so hard for a single car team to complete on what should be a level playing field with owners who have more then one car.

Just my opinion but that is part of drag racing I really don't like!

Jimbo
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back