Vandergriff Speaks on Rivalries (1 Viewer)

Bob V. is a very smart and genuinely nice guy. I think he hits the nail on the head. In fact, I would like to see him win a race, step out of the race car and run the NHRA. Pretty fat chance of the last two happening but he would certainly kick it up to another level. He "gets it".

BTW, any Tom Compton sightings yet? :p

Tom Who???:D

I was going to say Rod Who? Reminds me of a Chihuahua bouncing around looking for attention. Now Ant and Sarge is a whole nuther thing. Earned Respect for each other and their teams.

Over the years Kenny B vs any female got to the point it was comical. Black vs Pink vs Waterman was really about who was the best engine builder. And yeah, the adds in Drag News were fun. As long as my Favorites win, I could care less who's in the other lane. And for the most part, I'm not overly distressed if one of them drops a race.

I'm not into HYPE. It was Angels vs the entire AL and Dodgers vs the entire NL... If you have to generate HYPE, then you have nothing to sell in the first place.

But, in the last couple of years, there are only Two drivers I'm happy to see loose... Rod Fuller and Bobby V

d'kid

I've been saying the same thing for years. But what happens when a rivalry happens to break out? NHRA runs out with two buckets of ice water, throws it on the dogs in question, and then muzzles them. Everything and everyone MUST be 100% politically correct, and as squeaky clean and boring as NHRA can get em. They'll never see the light. Ever. Case in point: Millican/Herbert. Nope, better we resign ourselves to getting an occasional whiff of pit nitro and stop out daydreaming. Rivalries ain't gonna happen.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back