Pedregon's take on the track length debate (1 Viewer)

I couldn't agree more. Obviously not true about every driver, man and woman, supporting 1,000 feet as was posted just the other day.

I've been screaming about this "agenda" thing since it was said that these cars will be slowed down. It doesn't matter who died, people will still be self serving.

Did you watch nhra raceday and here the boos when they talked about 1000' racing. WOW I was surprised. Now if they only had the stones to ask fans live like that what they thought of the countdown :D

Did you watch nhra raceday and here the boos when they talked about 1000' racing. WOW I was surprised. Now if they only had the stones to ask fans live like that what they thought of the countdown :D
Yeah that was great, loved it. Dunns reaction was even greater "... I`m no fan either...."

To me it's just wrong to mess with tradition... 1/4 mile has been the standard for soooooo long... NHRA has only itself to blame by allowing the cars to get so far away from their roots.. I know it's hard to stop the innovations but Dual Mags and Bigger pumps have allowed the speeds.. Not to mention Setback blowers.. Clutch Management systems..

When and where should the line have been drawn?? Shoot even all the electronic data recording has taken away reading plugs and trying to figure out if it was clutch or tire slippage...

Let's not even mention the bubble cars that no longer have anything in common with an actual car body..

BUT the line should have been drawn somewhere... BUT WHERE?? Can it be drawn now??

Let's give them unlimited cubes but single mags, small spec pumps, and take away the clutch management systems an go back to 2speeds.. OR ??

Man I'm as sick about losing Scott and other drivers as everyone else, but am I wrong in thinking that hitting an immovable object at a very high rate of speed is what took Scott's life? Forget 330 or 300 mph, you don't have to be going too fast to get seriously hurt or worse when you hit something head on. As far as speeds go, here's my thought, and I'm no tuner: A tune-up that produces 305 mph in 1320 feet is going to be milder, meaning safer and cheaper, than the current tune-ups that are approaching 320 in just 1000 ft. I go along with the thinking that the 1000 ft deal has been a good short term solution, long-term I think it's a bandaid. Where is the logic in all this when someone says "If they go back (to 1320) and something happens they're going to have a big problem" ? I mean, did we forget that we lost a Pro Mod racer and a Super Gas racer just a few weeks ago? How do those accidents figure in? Racing will never be without risk, no matter what type and at what speed. With all the improvements to the cars recently, all the shutdown improvements going on, coupled with a fuel car that has a milder, less explosive tune-up, should be a reasonable formula to sustain the sport's heritage, meaning quarter-mile racing.

this counterweight is why we have 1000 foot racing
6238543-lg.jpg

I hope it shuts up the sheep that agree to anything they decide to do in the safety of the sport so to speak!
They need to grow up and realize they are draging their feet!!!

Tony I do remember you pointing that out a while ago!
I guess that comes from someone directly involved.

Guess you guys could use some cheese to go with that WHINE:D

REX

I would just like to know how many on here have actually strapped into a car and ran down the strip??? Be it a 12 second bracket car or a 4 second fueler? If you haven't, until you do, you don't know what it's like being out there regardless how slow or how fast and safety is #1!

I would just like to know how many on here have actually strapped into a car and ran down the strip??? Be it a 12 second bracket car or a 4 second fueler? If you haven't, until you do, you don't know what it's like being out there regardless how slow or how fast and safety is #1!

Yeah, Ditto's

I have driven pretty quick/fast stuff.

From bracket bikes and dragsters up to Alky F/C and Dragster.

A lot say..........."If I had two million" or, "If I won Powerball.......Blah Blah Blah.

Yeah, right. some if not many would be hero's out there would p!ss themselves at the hit of a strong bracket dragster......let alone a fueler.

And yes, I have seen it happen, I have heard the stories, and one fairly prominent team member (forever unnamed) I saw take ONE 100 footer in a alky F/C and declined forever more to be strapped in the seat.

For all those would be pros out there,:eek:, step up to the plate, quit 'cher bellyachin' and put your money where your big fat mouths are.

Sincerely

REX

someone needs to ask jim head why he wasn't shutting his car off until 1320 at vegas. I guess it's those big scoreboards confusing him, at what used to be the finish line.
they really should move all those boards up.

They keep talking about the 'big crowds' well , we'll see about that next year.

And 320 feet would have saved scott? that's a bunch of crap. what happened to larry dixon yesterday? what happened to antron at vegas , twice? scott blew up at 1100 feet. And everyone I saw at vegas was at least going that far before shutting off.

I'm sure nhra will have a lot of fans for their new series.

And for all the *****ing and moaning about loudmouth fans like me - I've said this a hundred times - be glad you aren't as popular as F1 and ALMS.
Series where fans care deeply about the technological aspect of the cars and are genuinely interested in the details of the sport, because if you were, you'd be hearing a hell of a lot more than the few people here you have to put up with.

Seems like all NHRA cares about is the toothless morons that just want a facefull of nitro. Have fun with them.

There is no more racing in the 'pro' classes of NHRA. That's not racing.

Like Larry Dixon said a few years ago in a promo, he's just ' the guy that gets shot out of the cannon'
I don't know why anyone thought that was something to brag about, but that's what they've done with this 1000' deal.

And for all the *****ing and moaning about loudmouth fans like me - I've said this a hundred times - be glad you aren't as popular as F1 and ALMS.
Series where fans care deeply about the technological aspect of the cars and are genuinely interested in the details of the sport, because if you were, you'd be hearing a hell of a lot more than the few people here you have to put up with.

Where track configurations AND lengths vary from race to race? :rolleyes: Have the rules pertaining to every part of their cars not changed over the years?

What part of their racing is so sacred that fans would stop coming in huge numbers were it changed? That the cars have four tires and the engine sits behind them?

Aren't they limited in the amount of fuel they can carry? Did fans raise hell the year they put that rule in place? To the point of leaving? :D

Did you even read the article? :p

Where track configurations AND lengths vary from race to race? :rolleyes: Have the rules pertaining to every part of their cars not changed over the years?

What part of their racing is so sacred that fans would stop coming in huge numbers were it changed? That the cars have four tires and the engine sits behind them?

Aren't they limited in the amount of fuel they can carry? Did fans raise hell the year they put that rule in place? To the point of leaving? :D

The thing is.........it won't happen.

A few of the absolute close minded die/blow/hards ;) will pucker up their wallets and hold their breaths.

Good. Good bye.

I for one will enjoy racing at 1320' 1000' or 660.

You and I know I had a blast at 411, which is a small 1/8 mile, and if the trans had not let go, I would have drove the car 'till you ran out of methanol.

So having fun is just that, if you think you can, or if you think you cannot, you are right.........................;)

REX

The thing is.........it won't happen.

A few of the absolute close minded die/blow/hards ;) will pucker up their wallets and hold their breaths.

Good. Good bye.

I for one will enjoy racing at 1320' 1000' or 660.

You and I know I had a blast at 411, which is a small 1/8 mile, and if the trans had not let go, I would have drove the car 'till you ran out of methanol.

So having fun is just that, if you think you can, or if you think you cannot, you are right.........................;)

REX

I'm sure it's fun to drive an 8th mile. Who cares. I doubt anyone was there to watch you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back