ATTENDANCE IS SPARCE (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Lot of empty seats at Vegas and Bristol not a good sign. Now you have a race at Gators and seats are full. Promoters are missing something, maybe someone in Vegas can fill us in on how race was promoted .

Overall there are a lot of people here. Quite a few people hiding underneath because it is hotter than normal. The couple in front of us left during first round due to the heat. I will say the crowds were smaller than last year.

I saw that. The Bristol race had lots of empty seats.HD tv's and Mancaves make it easier to watch at home. NASCAR had this coming for a while.

That Bristol track supposedly holds 160,00 plus. I wonder how many were there, 30,00?

That Bristol track supposedly holds 160,00 plus. I wonder how many were there, 30,00?
Before ,Dale Earnhardt died you could not buy a seat, there was a waiting list even. I think it lost it's character.

Bristol was just sad. Not a soul in the corner seats and sparse along the straights. I know it's difficult to hide the fact there, but I'm surprised they didn't mess with the shots some so the empty seats weren't quite so prominent.

Just from the streams Saturday and Sunday, it didn't look like Vegas was that bad. Not a sellout, but it still looked pretty healthy. I didn't see any good views of the stands, though, so I'm not sure how much of it was just camera angles.

Last edited:
On TV it looked like a pretty solid crowd. People need to remember, at a drag race, there are always a good number of people that are there but not in the stands, at any given time.

Note to any organization that tries to "level" the competition, look at Sunday's Bristol race. You could play full court basketball in the stands in front of the pits. There is nothing in NASCAR to hang spectator interest on. Faceless little young men in uninspiring cookie cutter cars. NASCAR has jumped the shark. Other organizations need to be vigilant as Fonzie may be starting his motorcycle and looking for the ramp.

Weren't they showing the jumbotron with a sold out message during the broadcast or was I imagining it?

I attended the Vegas 4-Wide last year and it was packed. First year of 4-Wide at an event that was previously not so busy. Interested to see if the crowds returned again this year. Here in Britain we usually get a one-hour TV show about 10 days after the event.

I happened to see some of the Texas NASCAR race broadcast last week and the stands looked very patchy, barely a third full. NASCAR's TV angles usually manage to conceal most of the stands, from what I see, but not this time at Texas. Interested to see when Bristol is shown in a day or two.

Historically the Las Vegas Spring race has always seen a lackluster crowd. Last year being the first year for the Vegas 4-Wide was an exception, as the place was packed. That said, I don't know the attendance numbers for this weekends event, but from what I saw on NHRA.tv looked like a pretty good crowd.

Jesse, what makes you say Vegas was sparce? Last year's 4-Wide was a sellout, and while this year didn't achieve that, I certainly wouldn't say it was a disappointing turn out at all.

Alan

Well Alan I wasn't there so I don't know how many people were out bleachers wallking around but I just look at video from yesterday and there was a lot of empty bleachers on both sides of track. My real question was how did the track promote the race to Vegas community or did they at all. I will agree that Drag Racing is doing a much better job of bringing people to the races,.

I have seen some advanced promotion for the Houston race. It will be interesting to see how they do this year. Pretty sure last year was one of the sell outs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back