Where were the fans in Carolina? (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
I know it’s got a lot of grandstands but it looked pretty empty. All Covid fear? I’m used to places like Norwalk where the stands are shoulder to shoulder and the fence four deep. Carolina is a great facility, great racing but looks like a very sparse crowd. I found that at Vegas several years ago and chalked it up to being too far from a lot of cities. Was able to stretch out in my seat at the starting line with no one within 3 seats. That can’t be the case in Carolina. Everyone save their $$$ for NASCAR? Sad to see such poor attendance, especially in great weather.

I know it’s got a lot of grandstands but it looked pretty empty. All Covid fear? I’m used to places like Norwalk where the stands are shoulder to shoulder and the fence four deep. Carolina is a great facility, great racing but looks like a very sparse crowd. I found that at Vegas several years ago and chalked it up to being too far from a lot of cities. Was able to stretch out in my seat at the starting line with no one within 3 seats. That can’t be the case in Carolina. Everyone save their $$$ for NASCAR? Sad to see such poor attendance, especially in great weather.
I should have went,i hate crowds lol. Of course when i go to bristol itl prob be packed lol

I guess it’s just one one of those areas that doesn’t support straight line racing. I was thinking there were probably several reasons for the smaller crowd. Didn’t they run NASCAR last weekend? Probably hard for the family to afford two race weekends in a row or even have the time to do it. Football season too. It was the first Panthers home game of the year. In 2019, If I remember right they usually start first round at 12pm Sunday but due to the TV window they started they began at 10:30. As you mentioned they have so many seats there it wouldn’t have looked so empty at half the tracks on tour.

I guess it’s just one one of those areas that doesn’t support straight line racing. I was thinking there were probably several reasons for the smaller crowd. Didn’t they run NASCAR last weekend? Probably hard for the family to afford two race weekends in a row or even have the time to do it. Football season too. It was the first Panthers home game of the year. In 2019, If I remember right they usually start first round at 12pm Sunday but due to the TV window they started they began at 10:30. As you mentioned they have so many seats there it wouldn’t have looked so empty at half the tracks on tour.
The last 2 NASCAR races was at Richmond and then Bristol and this weekend they will be in Vegas.

I always understood that this second Carolina race is rarely well-attended, while the first one (4-Wide) is usually packed out, which it was when I went in 2017.

NASCAR had a race at Bristol last weekend and the Panthers were playing at home. Bristol is only 3 hours from Charlotte so they were drawing from the same market.

I don't know the statistics, but other than Pomona does the second race at any track draw a comparable crowd to the first?

I don’t know where the fans were but the ones that were there seeked shade any chance they could get. Saturday and Sunday were the hottest 85 degree days I’ve felt in awhile.

We went to the 4Wides in 2018 and it was really well attended (except on Friday). We stayed in Charlotte on Monday and did the big facility tour (worth the time and money). At the NASCAR track they had recently removed the ENTIRE huge grandstand on the back straight because of declining attendance. So it is NOT just NHRA that has issues with attendance from time to time. Covid makes it so much worse.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back