Pomona attendance (1 Viewer)

BamBam2140

Nitro Member
I used to have a streak going at Pomona Raceway, I had not missed a single NHRA race at Pomona since 1992, I finally ended that streak two years ago because Pomona was getting to out of hand with prices, It cost in the neighborhood of $105.00 dollars just to park and get through the gate, I decided to take my money to other tracks Such as Vegas, Wild Horse, Bandimere, Charlotte and this season Sonoma, Looking at the empty stands today even with the family side completely closed their were many vacant seats, I guess others have decided to take their money elsewhere also

I was there Friday and Saturday and I thought the Saturday crowd was the best I had seen in years. Not sold out to be sure, but a real good crowd compared to recent years.

General parking was $15.00 since 2017 and this year it went up to $17.00. General Admission on Sat was $65.00 but less the $10.00 NHRA Member discount it was $55.00. So $72.00 total for me to get in the gate on Sat. Compared to other prices for sports, concerts, etc, these days, I think the Pomona pricing is within reason.

Last edited:
Sad state. Calif is the birthplace of hot rodding. Not sure any younger guys still build street machines etc. maybe too many other activities for kids now, everything is stretched thin. I would have thought a high population center like L.A. would do much better.
During my year off from drag racing, I spent quite a bit of time around the Chicago area at Cars & Coffee meetings and cruise nights. There are quite a few 20 something adults involved in car culture. However, in my opinion, I feel like they don't have much connection to NHRA drag racing.

If you want to complain about high ticket prices, the Foo Fighters are scheduled for a concert in northwest Arkansas this summer. I was checking prices on Ticketmaster last week and saw some for $2038 each!
Drag racing ticket prices are downright cheap.

I thought Sunday had the biggest crowd. Might be wrong. But I sat in the same seats all three days. Sunday had most seats around me filled.

I looked up when I sat on the "other side" of the strip for the World Finals, and it was in 2007. By the time my brother and I were able to make plans to go, those were the only seats left. Now, the main stands are spookily empty towards the top end, and the "other side" is covered up.

I don't know the problem or the solution, but I was hoping In-N-Out would be running some major ticket promotions to get more folks in the stands. It is really too bad in an area that used to support a whole bunch of dragstrips that now the one major one left can't draw a big crowd.

Lotta good looking girls were in attendance. :)
I did inquire if we could get a boatload of those ... I think you broke your camera after a trip too Bakersfield while attempting to get a shot of a Raiderett. My hopes were high. You always took in the full day, from the drive and action, which I enjoyed, very much. It's been a while Paul. Hope you had an awesome time.

Great burrito shot, was hoping for some tacos, tots, and blowers as well .. ;)

Last edited:
I did inquire if we could get a boatload of those ... I think you broke your camera after a trip too Bakersfield while attempting to get a shot of a Raiderett. My hopes were high. You always took in the full day, from the drive and action, which I enjoyed, very much. It's been a while Paul. Hope you had an awesome time.

Great burrito shot, was hoping for some tacos as well .. ;)
Oh man, thank you so much! I enjoyed running around taking pictures, but since no one was looking at them anymore, I kinda gave up. Also, I have been staying in the stands watching the on-track racing more.

Oh man, thank you so much! I enjoyed running around taking pictures, but since no one was looking at them anymore, I kinda gave up. Also, I have been staying in the stands watching the on-track racing more.
oh and I bumped into Les Mayhew which was great. He said he's putting together videos and to check out his youtube channel.

Since we're talking concert tickets, I'm so glad that Beyonce's sold out before my lady was able to put us behind on the mortgage.

The endless caterwauling about ticket prices and parking, just makes my a$$ weary. Most of it is baseless. I mean for chriss sake, have any of these people been anywhere other than a dragstrip? At the very least, they've all gotten laid at least once in their life.
Obviously, they've never been to an NFL game at SoFi.

Lotta good looking girls were in attendance. :)

Pictures please, or it didn't happen.

I haven't been to a national event in ~12 years not because of the cost, but because I couldn't help but feel that I was trapped in constant barrage of commercials over the PA system. Then again, as I get older I'm becoming more and more a recluse. Spent Saturday working on projects at the shop and Sunday doing yard work and well lunch break was spent at The Habit (no offense to In-N-Out).

Actually I have been to a few Rams games at SoFi, I went to the Rams vs Chargers playoff game, My wife and mother in law surprised me with a ticket, I don’t know exactly how much they paid but I believe it was in the $600 to $800 range

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back