Asher's take on the NHRA sale (1 Viewer)

This article represents one of the most sound and logical explanations and possibilities of what has happen so far.

Just my thoughts but I feel that this will go through but that won't be the end of it. If you stop to consider for a moment what IF the major players got together [being force, kallitta, lucas, knoll, k. black, bernstien and schumacher] and formed a coorporation and bought the HD property? Not possible? Remember nobody thought the original deal was possible either.

Need another whatever? Again after this deal goes through, what if Bruton Smith buys IHRA, improves the tracks, added his 3 tracks and raised the prize money with an excellent TV Package, where do you think the players would go to race? He couldn't do that? Consider what if he bought the 4 tracks that HD had? That would give hime 7 GOOD tracks to start with. Excellent base in my view.

But back to the original topic. This is a sane look at what is happening.
jim

Ash, you've done it again, and have raised the main question. What if you gave a party and nobody came? In the long run, the racers answer to their sponsors... and except Atlanta, Indy, and Gainesville, the real question is why doesn't PRO promote themselves and start their own series, cutting the NHRA out of the pie altogether?

History? History and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee. Tracks afraid to lose a "National Event"? with the right promoter running PRO, for the majority of tracks, it would still be business as usual...

Everybody could go on with the What if's for ever.
I have a what if, We all sit back and watch drag racing and let this thing unfold as it will. I suspect anything we have to say about it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever. As far as the big racing teams going elsewhere keep in mind the sponsors have everything to say about where they will race.
I certainly hope this whole deal works out for the betterment of the sport.:)

Everybody could go on with the What if's for ever.
I have a what if, We all sit back and watch drag racing and let this thing unfold as it will. I suspect anything we have to say about it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever. As far as the big racing teams going elsewhere keep in mind the sponsors have everything to say about where they will race.
I certainly hope this whole deal works out for the betterment of the sport.:)

Because it's human nature to speculate the unknown. Although I see your point this is a forum and people are going to throw out their opinions. You at least get an idea where their minds are at! ;)

Believe it or not the powers to be do lurk here so if enough ideas are thrown around from hard core fans it might have some measure of influence or consideration.
Out of Asher’s article I find it interesting what John Force asked and Tom Compton’s response and Jim Heads immediate exit once his question was answered don’t you? :rolleyes:

Because it's human nature to speculate the unknown. Although I see your point this is a forum and people are going to throw out their opinions. You at least get an idea where their minds are at! ;)

Believe it or not the powers to be do lurk here so if enough ideas are thrown around from hard core fans it might have some measure of influence or consideration.
Out of Asher’s article I find it interesting what John Force asked and Tom Compton’s response and Jim Heads immediate exit once his question was answered don’t you? :rolleyes:
Bob, Lets take a look at the last sentence in Ashers story about Jim Head walking out of the meeting. That was put there to look like Head was mad over this deal, maybe he was but maybe he wasent. If he continues to race NHRA I will assume he wasent. My point is I feel there was absolutely no reason to even mention it, It had no bearing on the story. Why did Jon include a picture of Warren Johnson and than say that G.M. "could" let him race elsewhere?Same deal with mentioning Kalitta,Snake,Force,Shoe etc. they"could" race elsewhere. I"could"hit megabucks and buy NHRA so lets speculate on that also. I realize fans will talk up a subject like this and I agree it can be a good thing. I guess what bothers me is the negativity shown on some of the Drag racing sites by some of the writers. They feel it will increase readership by stiring the pot.:rolleyes:TIME WILL TELL

This will be interesting, change was needed. We of course, will wait and see if this is better or not but it is a nice business case to analyze. For us observers there are factors to take into account in thinking about how successfull this becomes. If there is the desire to eventually sell by HDP they will have to increase the value of NHRA Pro and this will take some time -- that is to say this will not be a buy and flip situation. HDP has some very bright guys on board and they know what they are doing-including understanding liability issues. The toughest job will be Compton's because he has to answer to these guys, they need the continuity and they need marketing, but his feet will be held very close to the fire, far closer than ever. He will have to produce a better product, more exposure, more revenue. It will be very much about exposure and sponsors, seats in the stands and much less about payout. HDP will be walking a line trying to lock in the venues, racers and media and keeping it exciting.

vonB

I note with interest the first picture in the article. If I am not mistaken it is Carlsbad... That choice of picture lends several very different subtle impressions as to Mr. Archer's perspective which I find quite intriguing.

The toughest job will be Compton's because he has to answer to these guys, they need the continuity and they need marketing, but his feet will be held very close to the fire, far closer than ever. He will have to produce a better product, more exposure, more revenue.

It's about time, in my opinion. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back