Am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I liked the show at first but I am really losing interest in it. He is a hell of a race car driver but a horrible father.It's gotta be a lot of editing to make him seem that screwed up.

You aren't the only one! It is getting boring! He hasn't got a clue about raising kids (girls or boys)! He seems like a lonely, desperate, rich, stressed racer. :(

Carol Rix

Last night's episode (10/02) was not (IMHO) a classic one... Kinda slow and plodding. But I guess you can't hit it out of the park every time. It's funny that I used to think the episodes off track were more interesting than the on-track episodes but now I'm thinking the opposite.

Or maybe it's the episodes that feature Ashley are the most interesting - I think she's the real star of the show. Nothing against B and C - they just don't seem to have the same presence as Ashley.

I just think it would mean more if the story line was in order... 10/02 eppy happened before the Gator's... a couple of weeks ago we had the 4th of July, we had Chi-town before Kansas... but, that's TV...

i knew the force haters would come out sooner or later and bash the show! dont watch then, im sure don will by his own network soon so he can out do john and have 2 shows:D

I like the show! I like seeing his effort, despite his lack of tact and class, they show him trying. I'm watching society around me emulate desperate housewives and I'll take Force any day.
WE just celebrated our 37th anniversary and I would venture to say after raising 6 kids that on a given day, with the absence of the colorful language, which I'm not prone to, you could make me look worse than him at communicating.
This is a reality show. They snapshot the most sensational and the biggest conflicts. It's not for everyone so if it's not for you, change the channel, for heaven's sake. Maybe you can catch desperate housewives on another network?

i knew the force haters would come out sooner or later and bash the show! dont watch then, im sure don will by his own network soon so he can out do john and have 2 shows:D

WOW! And that was my first post too! I never said I hated Force! I will be sure next time to try to not offend YOU! OUCH! :rolleyes:

Carol Rix

Welcome aboard Carol
You'll learn to love us as you stay connected. Don't take things too seriously and remember, your opinion is valued as anyone else's.

It's exactly what it was slated to be.....a show about the girls with a little of their father mixed in, WHO just happens to be a prolific name in NHRA Funny Car's history. I really don't think that the over 30 crowd is their demographic. It's just got us because we love the sport. ;)

And let's not forget how much of the show is scripted, set up, reshot 3 or 4 times, staged, etc., all in the name of good television. Some of the things that we see on the show have to be taken with a grain of salt. All in all, I'm enjoying the show.

OK, do you know what bothers me? <sorry, Alan...I'm gonna get it for this!> Alan Reinhart's voice overs sound the most scripted. He is so talented and entertaining when just letting it fly! I much prefer his impromptu commentary. :eek:

Welcome Carol...:D
Some of us are crazed, glazed and overly well done... I'm just a cantankerous old man... who's raised 3 kids and sees way too much of myself in John... kinda like watching a train wreck... when you've been there, tried that with your kids...:)

Welcome Carol. I'll have to agree with Karl here. He is a glazed and overly well done cantankerous old man.:D But we let him hang around, as long as he stays on the porch. ;)

It's not for everyone so if it's not for you, change the channel, for heaven's sake. Maybe you can catch desperate housewives on another network?
It`s usually not a problem Bob...Desperate Housewives is on Sunday nights, not Mondays. See you at Pomona.

I think its a great show!! John may have a few bucks but if you look close you can still see the good ol boy in him, at least he's real what you see is what you get. Your average human could not cope with half the load he does!!!

OK, do you know what bothers me? <sorry, Alan...I'm gonna get it for this!> Alan Reinhart's voice overs sound the most scripted. He is so talented and entertaining when just letting it fly! I much prefer his impromptu commentary. :eek:

I agree. When they play the clip from the regular show every once in a while it sounds much better. I don't know what it is about the ones recorded just for the show but they definitly sound much "faker"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back