Am I Wrong about Pro Stock???? (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
I watched the whole show last night, and (yes I was sleepy) but I seem to think that "Pro Stock" got a whole 10 min of coverage... Did they show WJ, Stanfield, or any "Heavy Hitters" run other than EE (who did very well) and deserved some TV Time.. but $hit I would have liked to see a little more PS ...

Unless as I said I fell aslep... :(

I watched the whole show last night, and (yes I was sleepy) but I seem to think that "Pro Stock" got a whole 10 min of coverage... Did they show WJ, Stanfield, or any "Heavy Hitters" run other than EE (who did very well) and deserved some TV Time.. but $hit I would have liked to see a little more PS ...

Unless as I said I fell aslep... :(

You know John, if they showed every pass, 2 rounds would only be about ten minutes worth... 18 cars is just 9 pairs per round... edit out the burnouts, there you go.

but, I was in bed sleeping before qualifying came on;)
d'kid

Last nights show was complete crap! Pro Stock for about 5 min at the end of the show. I don't understand the theory behind it.

Because of the cool temps, pro stock only ran one session yesterday. DRC reported that in the middle of 2nd qualifying round of top fuel was being run, the track temp was 62 degrees.

you were sleeping, pro stock got i think 1 minute and 23 seconds worth of air time! no nhra 2 day show on and hardly any pro stock coverage, man its getting hard to watch a telecast, nhra is more messed up than ever, so is espn ! bumped 10 min for bowling!!!!!!

pro stock is riding on coattails of it's own history and only older fans
appreciate the class; there is little or no entertainment value to new fans,
especially with quick turnaround on sunday and limited time to
take a piss, get some food, and hang in the pits which is such a big
selling point of nhra.
IMO camaros and challengers out there with the mustangs and
the class could save itself?

pro stock is riding on coattails of it's own history and only older fans
appreciate the class; there is little or no entertainment value to new fans,
especially with quick turnaround on sunday and limited time to
take a piss, get some food, and hang in the pits which is such a big
selling point of nhra.
IMO camaros and challengers out there with the mustangs and
the class could save itself?

Mike, I can see your point. But, some of the disinterest can be attributed to the way P/S has been treated on TV for years. Nothing like a nail-biting semi-final in P/S being shown in the background while they're interviewing John Force or doing some human interest story somehow tied to a racer. NHRA is all about nitro. P/S on down...less so.

The rap and chainsaw-rock bumper music and the combination of wrestle-mania and the "Xtreme sports" image they're pushing ain't for us. Like WJ said years ago, it is becoming a circus act. The obvious focus is to attract non gearheads. Nothing impacts them like nitro cars. It requires a deeper understanding of the machines to appreciate P/S and slower cars. NHRA probably figures those people are already on board.

Sorry Pro stock fans,(myself included). But we do have to prioritize.
After all, there are only so many minutes of TV time. So, some tough decisions have to be made. Seems like there were two possibilities they could choose to show, either :
A) show a professional category,(happening now) that could attract potential new sponsors
OR
B) re-show a 4-year-old Nitro accident that has absolutely no bearing on what's happening today.

They got cut on TV because they screwed the fans at the track. They had plenty of time to run after top fuel but they complained that the track dropped below 65 degrees and that they weren't going to run the last session. This was decided by the prostock teams. So yes they deserved to have their time cut because they wined and complained and didn't run when they could have.

Mike, I can see your point. But, some of the disinterest can be attributed to the way P/S has been treated on TV for years. Nothing like a nail-biting semi-final in P/S being shown in the background while they're interviewing John Force or doing some human interest story somehow tied to a racer. NHRA is all about nitro. P/S on down...less so.

The rap and chainsaw-rock bumper music and the combination of wrestle-mania and the "Xtreme sports" image they're pushing ain't for us. Like WJ said years ago, it is becoming a circus act. The obvious focus is to attract non gearheads. Nothing impacts them like nitro cars. It requires a deeper understanding of the machines to appreciate P/S and slower cars. NHRA probably figures those people are already on board.

You're making sense, Ron, that could be dangerous!
I agree with you and think that Mike makes a good point: get the three pony cars out there. I understand that the P/S racers are open to changes. Why not put a rules package together now for 2012?
Cheers,
Ed

They got cut on TV because they screwed the fans at the track. They had plenty of time to run after top fuel but they complained that the track dropped below 65 degrees and that they weren't going to run the last session. This was decided by the prostock teams. So yes they deserved to have their time cut because they wined and complained and didn't run when they could have.

I don't know where you got your information. But I can assure you that the decission to cancell the last round of Pro Stock Qualifying at the Winternationals was made by NHRA without input from the Pro Stock Racers.
I can assure you that there was a lot of complaining in the Pro Stock pit....however it was because NHRA did not let us run that session.

The Pro Stock racers were not consulted in the process.

I suppose they tried to do the right thing, but there's another example of typical self-appointed know-it-alls...like the racers themselves wouldn't have a clue as to how safe the track is, or isnt...:mad:

You'd know, so you tell me....how stable is a Pro Stock car at speed when the track is this cold? And would you yourself have considered this particular track surface safe at that time?

Sorry Pro stock fans,(myself included). But we do have to prioritize.
After all, there are only so many minutes of TV time. So, some tough decisions have to be made. Seems like there were two possibilities they could choose to show, either :
A) show a professional category,(happening now) that could attract potential new sponsors
OR
B) re-show a 4-year-old Nitro accident that has absolutely no bearing on what's happening today.

This is a great response...Frankly im tired of seeing it. Its over he came back and won the championship. Be done with it. They spent more time interviewing ex-drivers than actual drivers. How many times are they going to interview Ashley in the coming months? C'mon Force people lets hear it...put a spin on why they should interview her.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back