Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Yes it does, but only at certain meets, Bakersfield & Firebird in Idaho as examples. The race we get at Wild Horse in Phx is w/o the fuelers. But, we get A/F, which is blown alky & injected nitro, and boy do they put on a good show. Love seeing Drew Austin in dad Pat Austin's Ford powered injected nitro car. When was the last time anyone ran a Ford on nitro? I think Chuck Seylor (???) ran a T/F car with a Ford, maybe 25 years ago. Anyhoo, Heritage is a great race.

I was watching the NHRA Winternationals on YouTube this weekend from 1999 and was surprised to see Alan with a full head of hair...
:)

Thanks for the kind words, I'm just trying to have a little fun and make a living. The Regional/Divisional events are a lot of fun for me simply because they are more relaxed. Speaking in racer talk, putting bounties on people, and using sound effects are just a few of things that wouldn't fly at the National Events but I get to do it at the others.

Most of the bounties did get picked up. Some of the out of Division guys think it's a joke, but the D7 gang knows it's real, and they almost always collect.

Thanks Eugene, After watching a couple million runs (it seems like) I like to think I notice when things happen, good or bad. It's kind of funny this past weekend in the TAD final, one of the other guys asked how I knew that Joey was broken. It's because after 25 years I know when something isn't right. It's all about paying attention. I think the only person who has been to more National Events than me is John Force. He's the only guy racing the full tour that was there when I started.

Thanks Again,
AR
I especially like it when you call Stock class and Super Stock. You are a car guy like me and I get pissed off when that self promoting twirp (no names) calls those classes. He doesn't know crap and it is a real disappointment to me to hear and see him on the whole tour. Probably said too much, just my opinion. You are the best all around announcer I have ever heard and I've been around this sport a LONG time.

The regional boat groups (i.e. ADBA,CDBA, et al,) are active; but, I haven't seen anything about a Series. We saw the note from Tommy Thompson over the summer about a possible world finals at WHP, and that that was quietly cancelled a month or two later. (I just think it didn't pan out.) The heavy hitters in LODBRS have their money in NHRA now and I presume are getting more exposure for their dollar, so I'm not sure where that would leave boat people as far as a major sponsor for the series goes.
On another note, it was good to see pics of Scotty L at Pomona cross my FB a couple of weeks ago.

I especially like it when you call Stock class and Super Stock. You are a car guy like me and I get pissed off when that self promoting twirp (no names) calls those classes. He doesn't know crap and it is a real disappointment to me to hear and see him on the whole tour. Probably said too much, just my opinion. You are the best all around announcer I have ever heard and I've been around this sport a LONG time.

Thank You Bob,

That is very kind, I'm sorry that you don't care for some of the others. It does take time to develop a style.
Alan

If "style" means a significant depth of knowledge about the vast majority of the cars and drivers you announce .... I get it. But I think that is the foundation for your typically humorous, I really enjoy my job, and I'm comfortable with my presentation "style" .... I am thoroughly entertained by your style and educated by your knowledge.

People who try to entertain without conveying much knowledge about what is in front of them are not near as enjoyable to me.

Now I do admit that I always laugh out loud at Joe's call of the jet cars at the end of the evenings ... and admittedly that is 100% entertainment.

Bob Frey, Lynn Nickerson, Alan Reinhart ..... its better than classic rock to me.

I think Alan is a modern day Steve Evans. When Evans ran Lions, he did the announcing. You could tell he really loved drag racing by the stories he would tell and the knowledge he had about the cars. I would always sit by a loud speaker so I could hear what he had to say. There are always those folks who really stand out at what they do, like Steve Evans as announcer, Larry Sutton as the starter, Don Garlits as a driver / innovator and on & on. That is what makes drag racing such a great sport.

Chris; How is Scotty doing I used to see updates about him, but haven't seen anything in a while.

Chris; How is Scotty doing I used to see updates about him, but haven't seen anything in a while.
He was looking pretty good from the pictures I saw and you could see that big smile in one or two. You can find the pics up on his FB page.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back