Hey Alan, Div 7 question (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Hi Alan. Wanted to ask you a question. We will have 2 Div 7 races in Arizona in 2019. First at Tucson, and 2nd in Oct at Wild Horse. Do you know if Tucson will feature the alky classes? And, will the Oct race be the last Divisional for teams to earn points? Will it replace the last Divisional now held in Vegas? I sure hope so. I remember when Firebird had the last Divisional, and it was like a National meet for Sportsmen. Saw more than one Champ crowned at that race. Was so bummed when they moved it to Vegas, so am hoping the new schedule will give that race back to Phoenix. Oh, let us know the latest in Silly Season. My spies say hard rubber tires will be used in the nitro classes next year. ;)

Thanks, Cliff

Cliff,

I don't have a definitive answer to either question, I think they are still working some of it out. I think Tucson would be around the same time as Phoenix just to save the races the diesel fuel.
I don't think Phoenix will replace Vegas for the last regional for a couple of reasons, first: space, I don't know that you could put 700+ race rigs in there unless you go to the other side of the lake. And maybe even more important, all the racers are in Vegas for the Nationals, why would you make them all relocate to Phoenix? The back to back races with the SEMA show in town is a big part of the draw to come to Vegas in the first place.

Edit:
noticed that the schedule was out, I guess they released it while I wasn't looking. So the Tucson race is the weekend after the Phoenix Nationals, so hopefully those on the way to Gainesville, or back home along the I-10 route will stop in. It will not feature the Alcohol classes.

And the Phoenix event is now a couple of weeks before the 2nd Vegas Nationals (sucks that's the Charlotte 2 weekend so I won't be there) making it possible for a guy with races left to run Phoenix-Vegas-Vegas-Pomona to end the year.

Alan

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Alan. Hey now I have 2 Divisionals to go to. The Oct race will be the best one I think. By the way, I do recall racers being pitted on the other side of the lake a few times. That's a long walk, cuz I have to look at ALL the cars.... heh I think just walkin' the pits is the best car show on earth, both the National & the Divisional.

Here is the 2019 schedule announcement:
https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=347695&Filter=30#indextop

Pacific Division
Tucson Raceway March 1-3
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Regional) April 12-14
Auto Club Dragway at Auto Club Speedway May 18-19
Sonoma Raceway (Regional July 19-21) July 18-19
Sonoma Raceway July 20-21
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park Oct. 11-13
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Regional) Nov. 7-10

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread