What's new

Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Yes it does, but only at certain meets, Bakersfield & Firebird in Idaho as examples. The race we get at Wild Horse in Phx is w/o the fuelers. But, we get A/F, which is blown alky & injected nitro, and boy do they put on a good show. Love seeing Drew Austin in dad Pat Austin's Ford powered injected nitro car. When was the last time anyone ran a Ford on nitro? I think Chuck Seylor (???) ran a T/F car with a Ford, maybe 25 years ago. Anyhoo, Heritage is a great race.

Rudos1

Nitro Member
I was watching the NHRA Winternationals on YouTube this weekend from 1999 and was surprised to see Alan with a full head of hair...
:)

Bob K.

Nitro Member
Thanks for the kind words, I'm just trying to have a little fun and make a living. The Regional/Divisional events are a lot of fun for me simply because they are more relaxed. Speaking in racer talk, putting bounties on people, and using sound effects are just a few of things that wouldn't fly at the National Events but I get to do it at the others.

Most of the bounties did get picked up. Some of the out of Division guys think it's a joke, but the D7 gang knows it's real, and they almost always collect.

Thanks Eugene, After watching a couple million runs (it seems like) I like to think I notice when things happen, good or bad. It's kind of funny this past weekend in the TAD final, one of the other guys asked how I knew that Joey was broken. It's because after 25 years I know when something isn't right. It's all about paying attention. I think the only person who has been to more National Events than me is John Force. He's the only guy racing the full tour that was there when I started.

Thanks Again,
AR
I especially like it when you call Stock class and Super Stock. You are a car guy like me and I get pissed off when that self promoting twirp (no names) calls those classes. He doesn't know crap and it is a real disappointment to me to hear and see him on the whole tour. Probably said too much, just my opinion. You are the best all around announcer I have ever heard and I've been around this sport a LONG time.

Old Guy Rookie

Nitro Member
The regional boat groups (i.e. ADBA,CDBA, et al,) are active; but, I haven't seen anything about a Series. We saw the note from Tommy Thompson over the summer about a possible world finals at WHP, and that that was quietly cancelled a month or two later. (I just think it didn't pan out.) The heavy hitters in LODBRS have their money in NHRA now and I presume are getting more exposure for their dollar, so I'm not sure where that would leave boat people as far as a major sponsor for the series goes.
On another note, it was good to see pics of Scotty L at Pomona cross my FB a couple of weeks ago.

none

Nitro Member
I especially like it when you call Stock class and Super Stock. You are a car guy like me and I get pissed off when that self promoting twirp (no names) calls those classes. He doesn't know crap and it is a real disappointment to me to hear and see him on the whole tour. Probably said too much, just my opinion. You are the best all around announcer I have ever heard and I've been around this sport a LONG time.
Thank You Bob,

That is very kind, I'm sorry that you don't care for some of the others. It does take time to develop a style.
Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)