Fox,please hire Alan Reinhart. (1 Viewer)

smokey

Nitro Member
Can fox tv either pick up the track audio feed or just hire Alan Reinhart to do the national events please.Even if they keep Dave Reiff is fine but Reinhart is by far the best announcer ever.And a super classy guy when you meet and chat with him.

I was watching the Live feed yesterday and they had Bruno in the booth also which I thought was a nice change up. Maybe they're working on something (NHRA). Of course you hafta have Lewis there for the stats.

Last edited:
The main reason (Well, a big reason) for having all access is to hear Brain Lohnes and Alan Reinhart instead of the FOX broadcasting crew. Rieff is OK but Tony P? For a former pro racer you think he would know a thing or too but it's clear he's out of his element!

Would love to see Alan & Brian in the booth in 2017.
Lohnes.jpg

Tony is so biased against Force it's crazy.
To say he has no talent is even crazier!
Time to get him out of the booth!

Pretty much same here. I mean, regardless of who's in the booth, I'm not going to subject my wife (or myself) to re-run play-by-play.
I still DVR it with the intention to fast-forward to see the unique (to Fox 1) special features but by Wednesday I just delete the whole business.

To be honest, since getting All Access, I think I watched FS 1 once this year.

Replace Dave Reiff with Reinhart. Reiff has been making more mistakes as the season progressed. He doesn't call the winners correctly, gets stats wrong, gets names wrong, etc. Time for him to go.

Bring back Mike Dunn.

I have nothing against Tony P. But I don’t think his talents lie in broadcasting. He’s improved but he’s still awkward. And given the fact that we have lots of great talent around like Alan R and Bruno, isn’t time to replace Tony?? The goal is to make the broadcast more interesting and draw more fans in. Seems like an easy choice.
Tony is ( or was) a great funny car driver. Lets not forget that.

While I hope it doesn't happy very soon, some day we'll all enjoy Jack Beckman in the booth.

I think Tony is much improved, but it also seems like he "dumbs down" things a bit for newbies.

I'd love to hear Alan on TV myself. He does a great job on the drag boat programs. But Alan has a great gig going with the NHRA that I don't think he wants to give up.

I like Bruno a lot as well, and he sure did seem to be putting in a lot more time in the booth this show. More than usual.

But there's one thing you have to remember, and that's personal schedules. Maybe all the people we've been "nominating" don't WANT to do the full pull.

I remember when Dave Mac and Bob Frey retired, they both said they really missed the racing and they missed the people involved with the sport. What they said they most certainly DID NOT miss was all the traveling associated with doing the shows. It's easy for young folks to say they'd do it in a heart beat. But when you're older, have families you've not seen for a while, and have enough frequent flyer miles to assure you free air travel for the rest of your life, it's not quite so enticing.

I remember Steve Evans. Still miss his announcing. Man he knew soooo much. Really gave a lot of "color" when he announced. What I hated was that he died in a hotel room. I really think the stress of travelling got to him. He announced all kinds of motor sports. Remember swamp buggies? But his heart was with drag racing and it was a great loss to the sport. Steve, when it's my time to pull the chute, I wanna see you at the top end Bro. By the way, I think the drag strip in Heaven will look like Lions.

Bruno still races. Having him in the booth or the pits is more of an exception, rather than the norm. He’s on TV only when he’s not behind the wheel.
That being said, I would much prefer him in the booth than anybody else currently out there.
As far as Steve Evans or Big Mac, they set the bar really high. I don’t think anybody will ever come close to being anywhere as good as they were.

I think Tony is very qualified technicaly but still struggles occasionally to find the right words to use on the broadcast and can be difficult to listen to. Relaying knowledge into public speaking is not as easy as the good ones make it look. Would also love to see Bruno get a shot, but as mentioned he still races and is very involved in 2 successful weekly cable TV automotive shows and has a family too. Lots on his plate!

Keep Alan as NHRA track announcer. Having all access ,its the next best thing other being at track. Only good thing on fox is the interviews at the top end

For those of you who want Reinhart on the TV show, tune into the Lucas oil races he calls... To have him do TV AND the live pro announce would be impossible; stats, directors, various feeds in his ear... That would be a cruel punishment to a pretty alright guy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back