Alan Reinhart-Absolutely Awesome Announcer! (1 Viewer)

Thank You! All for the kind words, I'm simply trying to
C: Have a little fun.

I really appreciate the positive thoughts, and will always listen to constructive criticism. I never stop trying to improve.
Alan

Alan, If you grew out a Mullet, business in the front, Party in the rear... Everyone will be happy.:cool:

Mike English likes to watch pursuits on facebook, so we end up having them show up on our searches. I've often wondered how news readers can continue to narrate for 30 minutes straight as a stolen Dodge Minivan speeds down the street running red lights and barely missing other cars with the cops chasing it as seen from the news helicopter camera feed. It would be fun to hear Alan call the play by play on one using drag racing lingo. "ATTENTION IN THE CROSSWALK.....ATTENTION IN THE CROSSWALK...

Maybe not....

Alan does a very good job at announcing these races. His knowledge of drag racing, in all it's forms; is extensive, and his command of the English language makes for highly effective communication skill. His sensitivity for the personal and humanitarian aspects of the sport enhances his delivery of the subject matter, and he attempts to "touch all the bases" for example, mentioning and drawing attention to a racer's sponsor during his broadcast and providing background information about a racer when appropriate.

Mike English likes to watch pursuits on facebook, so we end up having them show up on our searches. I've often wondered how news readers can continue to narrate for 30 minutes straight as a stolen Dodge Minivan speeds down the street running red lights and barely missing other cars with the cops chasing it as seen from the news helicopter camera feed. It would be fun to hear Alan call the play by play on one using drag racing lingo. "ATTENTION IN THE CROSSWALK.....ATTENTION IN THE CROSSWALK...

Maybe not....

HA!

I've always enjoyed ARs announcing bot at the tracks live, and on TV for the boat drags. I especially appreciate his "thank you" address to the fans from the wall at the end of an event. I don't know if it's his idea, or NHRAs, but no matter, he is the one that does it.
I also enjoy the TV announcers , I think Tony, Amanda, Bruno, all do fantastic. Maybe I just am greatfull for the huge coverage we have today. I remember when we got 40minutes per year., yes per year.
I don't recall AR doing this but the only complaint I have is when the tv announcers talk negative about a double 0 or triple 0 RT.. No other sport says "oh if he would have hit a little harder he would have missed that hole in one"
Or after a home run, " if he would have swung a little lower it would have been a strike.".
Give credit gang if someone puts up a .00 or perfect .000 just congratulate them, no sour grapes.
But I'm off track, great job AR, keep it up sir.

Alan is the best. Gotta love his humor and enthusiasm.
One thing that makes him unique is that he also loves announcing some of the sportsman classes as well.

Alan is fantastic. He makes All Access worth every penny. Keep up the great job. I feel that Brian Lohnes is the next Steve Evans. If you have All Access you have seen his starting line and top end interviews they are very similar to Steve's style and he just getting going. For the sake of the horrible TV show I would give up Brian on All Access to see him paired with Amanda Busick. I think her work over the past few years as pit reporter ,top end, and walk a 1,000 feet with, have given her a solid back round into the sport and the personalities. I think these two would feed off each other and make an entertaining TV show for both the male and female viewers of today. Put Bruno in the booth on Sundays as a third commentator and you have a great show. Back on topic, ALAN YOU THE MAN!

Alan is the best. Gotta love his humor and enthusiasm.
One thing that makes him unique is that he also loves announcing some of the sportsman classes as well.

Alan does the Div 7 race at Wild Horse. Always interesting to hear what he has to say, and he really knows what he is talking about. He talks about a racer "dialing hot" or he'll say "listen to the whomp whomp" meaning you can hear the racers getting on & off the throttle at the top end. What is cool is that Alan loves the sportsmen racers as much as the Pros. Me too... it's all drag racing.

[QUOTE="Gary Hart, post: 380411, I feel that Brian Lohnes is the next Steve Evans. If you have All Access you have seen his starting line and top end interviews they are very similar to Steve's style and he just getting going.

I agree 100 percent!! I don't know how the guy does it. He is everywhere. Was happy to hear him when I arrived at the Norwalk NMCA event.

[QUOTE="Gary Hart, post: 380411, I feel that Brian Lohnes is the next Steve Evans. If you have All Access you have seen his starting line and top end interviews they are very similar to Steve's style and he just getting going.

I agree 100 percent!! I don't know how the guy does it. He is everywhere. Was happy to hear him when I arrived at the Norwalk NMCA event.
I saw him post that he will be away from home 230 days this year. Very hard working young man. Oh yeah, he has that Bangshift.com day job also!

I'm a huge fan of Alan Reinhart. Informative, articulate, funny. Has time for post-race pics and for Pinto Wagon stories.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back