Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Alan, you are officially a celebrity now. I was driving down 441 in Florida today listening to some good old country music while I was heading to the track and your new Mello Yello commercial came on the radio. You the man dude.:D

I have always been a Top Fuel fan, right from the beginning I guess. But, I've always liked the slightly slower cars, like Top Gas dragsters & JR/F (when they ran nitro). I used to go to Lions for big races, but I also went to Lions on a Sat night to watch AA/FA, JR/F and Top Gas, not to mention BB/GS (Sassy Gremlin, anyone?) and classes like that. Heads up & they put on a good show. Loved Pro Comp when it started & Combo Elim before that. I was the guy at OCIR the night Don Enriquez ran the first "6" in A/FD, during a Combo Elim show (T/G, JR/F, AA/FA, etc). I was yelling "It's a 6!!" & I was so excited - hey, it was drag racing history. Anyhoo, that has carried over to today's cars. T/AD, TA/FC, Top Dragster & Top Sportsmen (not heads up but I like those classes). I like all the sportsmen classes. Al Corda is just as much a hero to me as Don Garlits. the Sportsmen racers are just as "pro" as the pro classes. BUT, if I had the chance, just give me one Sat night at Lions with T/G, JR/F and AA/FA..... oh yeah.

At all race events we ran, when available, we had the radio in my trailer tuned to the frequency broadcasted by the track so we could hear the announcer, even if it was Alan. That was because we had many friends racing many different classes plus we wanted to know how the day was going while we serviced the car. The population in the grand stands in no way represents actually listeners who are tuned in to hear what is being said from the booth.

Man, in just two posts Alan went from a national celebrity to "even if it was Alan" .... tough crowd.

Good one! I was just laughing at you poking at Alan Randy!

I'm with you guys in that I love listening to the announcers from the rig (or more often home) .... about to turn All Access on right now. It is great to having racing season up and running again.

Eugene, I'll stop by later so you can take a selfie and I'll give you an autograph. You're Welcome......

And the "Randy" guy, the name is familiar, but I can't quite place it. Did you used to be somebody?
Alan

Alan , you can barely be heard on AA for todays Q1 .
I`m sure whats-his-name on here is happy , but I prefer to hear announcers. And can we get some ET graphics on AA after the runs?

I'm trying to figure out what point you guys are trying to make. Was it a packed house? Nope! Not even close, there were a few hundred spectators. That picture was taken while Super Street was running as you can see out the window and that's a time when many of the fans are either in the pits, or at the snack stand, even if it was during the Nationals. As was pointed out, for the average fan a Regional Event doesn't have much appeal the week after the Nationals, but the ones that did come saw a heck of a race.

And if I am at an event I don't care if there's a sellout crowd or three people watching, I'm going to do my best to be entertaining and informative because I believe that the fans that are there deserve the best show we can give them. I regularly have people ask me why I put so much energy into Class runs on Friday or Saturday morning when there not any crowd to speak of and it's simple. I get paid to do a job and I'm going to do it. I get excited about cool cars and good racing. I don't get more or less excited based on the size of the crowd.

Alan
There is no point trying to be made, they just like to bitch lol.

(Puts on hat and glasses)

I disagree with all of the comments here. I was at the race and whoever this Alan guy was said nothing of value and insulted my cat. A free cat that was given to me by Scott Palmer.

I'm not giving you my name here but I can ASSURE YOU that it is not Brian Lohnes.
You mean Fat Cat The Crew Cheif

Alan, Brian, Joe, etc. are the reason I buy All Access ... Alan and Bob Frey are the best in the business and make being in the pits, your shop at home, or your commute from work highly enjoyable. I appreciate them all and LOVE the humor!

As the sportsman's points battles heat up towards the end of the year, I love the idea of sponsoring as many different bounties as possible, if we are in the top 5 I'd gladly pay $50 or $100 to have those other 4 folks knocked out .... and it would be great fun to have a bounty on our head too ... this is a hobby, its competitive, but we are all out there to have fun.
Agreed All Access is great. Only problem is we cant hear the cars and it takes to long for the VOD's to get posted up.

The other announcers were Warren Apger and the many personalities of Johnny Moto, both who are our regular announcers at WHP. This is Alan and Johnny up in the booth Sunday.

917eef6c93c7810bf84c6bdf077fe84d
2 of the best in the Biz however I feel Moto's
" king (voice) of the track" @WHP/Firebird and Alan 'rules the roost' down south in Tucson.

For anyone who enjoys the full spectrum of classes, and doesn't want to fight the crowds, the points events are awesome.
I’ve come full spectrum. For most of my adult years, I’d only go to national meets and only watch pro classes. Now I enjoy a mix of sportsman classes, gasser exhibitions, pro mod etc. because of the variety of cars. In all the pro classes, cars are virtually alike. Went to the muscle car meet this year in Bradenton and it was great. Like the old days at Niagara. Don’t need crowds.

The NHRA Heritage series is like that. We get all the classes except AA/FD and AA/FC. They put on a great show. Rambler wagon w/ a blown rat motor. How many of those do you see at the drags?

The NHRA Heritage series is like that. We get all the classes except AA/FD and AA/FC. They put on a great show. Rambler wagon w/ a blown rat motor. How many of those do you see at the drags?
The Heritage series doesn’t include the fuel cars?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back