Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Not many points races pull big crowds, and the national event was just the weekend before.

That's true. I actually like going to this event more than the national event. I can wander around, sit where I want, no back pack nazis at the gate. Kinda sad more people don't come to this event, cuz there is some really good racing.

What are you saying? I'm sure all 47 spectators had a great time and enjoyed watching their close friends and relatives race.:D

It is just a bad camera angle.......they are all sitting the other side..........is this not the standard answer?

I'm trying to figure out what point you guys are trying to make. Was it a packed house? Nope! Not even close, there were a few hundred spectators. That picture was taken while Super Street was running as you can see out the window and that's a time when many of the fans are either in the pits, or at the snack stand, even if it was during the Nationals. As was pointed out, for the average fan a Regional Event doesn't have much appeal the week after the Nationals, but the ones that did come saw a heck of a race.

And if I am at an event I don't care if there's a sellout crowd or three people watching, I'm going to do my best to be entertaining and informative because I believe that the fans that are there deserve the best show we can give them. I regularly have people ask me why I put so much energy into Class runs on Friday or Saturday morning when there not any crowd to speak of and it's simple. I get paid to do a job and I'm going to do it. I get excited about cool cars and good racing. I don't get more or less excited based on the size of the crowd.

Alan

I'm trying to figure out what point you guys are trying to make. Was it a packed house? Nope! Not even close, there were a few hundred spectators. That picture was taken while Super Street was running as you can see out the window and that's a time when many of the fans are either in the pits, or at the snack stand, even if it was during the Nationals. As was pointed out, for the average fan a Regional Event doesn't have much appeal the week after the Nationals, but the ones that did come saw a heck of a race.

And if I am at an event I don't care if there's a sellout crowd or three people watching, I'm going to do my best to be entertaining and informative because I believe that the fans that are there deserve the best show we can give them. I regularly have people ask me why I put so much energy into Class runs on Friday or Saturday morning when there not any crowd to speak of and it's simple. I get paid to do a job and I'm going to do it. I get excited about cool cars and good racing. I don't get more or less excited based on the size of the crowd.

Alan
Well said Alan, and you do one hell of a job! Looking forward to hearing you at the Gators this weekend, that's always the first race that I attend each year.

You are right Alan! When I used to d.j. at night clubs and bars, there would be 10 people or 200, You still had to do your job to entertain.
Sure, It's not as much of a rush when you look around and there isn't many people to appreciate your talent but to see a packed place, Don't tell me that doesn't energize you a bit?

Alan

Alan
It's nice to see someone that takes pride in the job they do and I think you do a great job. I know I rather listen to you than anyone else and hope to hear you live and in person in Belle Rose.

I went to the national event at WHP, and kind of sorry I didn't pay attention to the schedule, or maybe instead of flying back east I would have hung another week to see the divisional. My dad lives out there, and when we got to the track, he asked me "hey is that A/A here?" Being an old A/A racer, he was referring to Alan Ellis' car. I had to remind him that Comp and alky don't run all 24 events. My point is, we would have definitely gone to the points race, but we're diehards. Most points events' crowds are truly racers and their crews, friends, and families. But they are great events with great cars, with Top Alky classes on down.

I'm trying to figure out what point you guys are trying to make. Was it a packed house? Nope! Not even close, there were a few hundred spectators.

Alan

For my part (and I mostly started it) it was a smart a$$ statement meant to poke FUN at these inflated statements about crowd size at all kinds of events including but not limited to NHRA. I agree you do a great job and that was never the point, so calm down and don't be so sensitive. It was just an attempt at humor.

I'm trying to figure out what point you guys are trying to make. Was it a packed house? Nope! Not even close, there were a few hundred spectators. the ones that did come saw a heck of a race.

And if I am at an event I don't care if there's a sellout crowd or three people watching, I'm going to do my best to be entertaining and informative because I believe that the fans that are there deserve the best show we can give them.

Alan

I've wished many times that this would happen at E-Town or the Keystone Nats....no traffic in or out, no food or bathroom lines, and nobody standing up in front of you blocking that amazing photo you tried to get:D

I've been to several points events over the years, and have always enjoyed them. The atmosphere is always more relaxed and easygoing. Also, you see cars you'll not always see at the national events.

I've wished many times that this would happen at E-Town or the Keystone Nats....no traffic in or out, no food or bathroom lines, and nobody standing up in front of you blocking that amazing photo you tried to get:D

And a $100 richer because you didn't have to spend it on Bull$hit required to satisfy the parking, food and toilet monitors!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back