Alan Johnson car sponsor. (1 Viewer)

Ashley has been invited to race the January 5 event in Australia with the Rapisarda's again. I get a kick out of an Aussie team giving an American the opportunities and exposure while supporting her endeavour to go full-time in the NHRA. Side note: Richie Crampton will also be racing in Top Fuel at the same event for the Lamattina family.

Well, at least she is getting seat time with Rapisarda. If they race in the US again, Ashley could be the driver here. If nothing else, maybe she can run the Australian series.

Another post says Sony has taken over production for NHRA TV. Is that a problem for having a Vizio sponsorship???????

Tom Kacvinsky is a very smart guy.

It'll get out eventually. Above my pay grade to let it out, but plenty know about it. The deal involved Ashley Sanford and appeared to be a done deal. Other good sponsors were on board and ready. And just to be clear the company involved had an issue not related to Alan or Ashley.

Remember. These are just rumors. :)
I would assume the difficulties were with NHRA, not the team or driver.

I would assume the difficulties were with NHRA, not the team or driver.

Why would you assume NHRA had anything to do with AJ's deal? I seriously doubt Alan tells anyone who has he is working with. Please tell me why you think this and facts to support it.

Randy, as you said the sponsorship "appeared" to be a done deal. All of us that have been around a while know that until the ink is dry on a contract and the money is in the bank it's not a done deal. Alan is a classy guy and I have never heard him with a negative comment about anyone or team, even the Sheik. He isn't going to risk his reputation on calling anyone out on what happened. It will have to come out from someone else.
I haven't heard anyone mention that possibly the sponsor had a internal company problem that made them back out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy, as you said the sponsorship "appeared" to be a done deal. All of us that have been around a while know that until the ink is dry on a contract and the money is in the bank it's not a done deal. Alan is a classy guy and I have never heard him with a negative comment about anyone or team, even the Sheik. He isn't going to risk his reputation on calling anyone out on what happened. It will have to come out from someone else.
I haven't heard anyone mention that possibly the sponsor had a internal company problem that made them back out.

First paragraph is exactly true. And it would serve no useful purpose to call them out.

With regard to your second comment "I haven't heard anyone..." that's because that's not what happened. So there would be no reason for someone to mention what you suggest.

Merry Christmas everyone.

As hard as it is these days to get a company to pony up the $$ it takes to operate a fuel car I am still baffled that Alan hasn't been able to put something together. I know he has very high standards and won't field a car unless he can win. With all the championships he has won in both alcohol and fuel you would think if anyone could put something together he could. Tough times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back