Cruz to test at FIRP (1 Viewer)

When is the NHRA going to do something about the high cost of fuel racing? I know this topic has been hammered into the ground around here but for pete's sake it won't be long and it's gonna be Force and Shoe. How friggin hard can it be to lower cost and still put on "THE SHOW"? It's getting to the point were it doesn't matter how good a racer you are but how good a salesman. Or maybe it's allready that way. As a 40 plus year fan of this sport I am easy to please. Take away a mag and a pump, maybe a timer here and there and let's go. You can go back to 1320 and when the weather is right you can pour the whole can in and throw the cap in to.

What do expect them to do? I'd like to see people in the NHRA marketing dept. who can actually find their Rear-ends with Both hands! Gary Darcy has to be the worst person ever in charge of the NHRA marketing dept!!!

Densham summed it up: "it costs $35,000 a race for me to run in NHRA and $3,500 a race to run the nostalgia nitro funny car" OK if the nostalgia cars can run for $3,500 a race to run a quartermile and it costs $35,000 a race to run 1000 feet then there's a big problem isn't there?

According to some N/FC crew people I've talked to, that's the cheap end! Now that 5's are the standard the cost of running N/FC are way up from even 3-4 years ago. I bet Bucky spends a lot more than that!

Plueger stuff is for sale--turn key...w/ the notes that have his cars nearly a tenth ahead of the pack w/ out tearing anything up.

Steve' cars may come complete with everything you need to race.
But the most important piece of the receipe will not be included.......Steve
The other thing that really makes this a deal killer is that the Kimball brothers won't be cooking.

I can't find anything, so all we can do is make inferences by who wasn't at PBIR and go from there. There's also another test session out at LVMS scheduled the next weekend after FIR as well, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back