Cruz to test at FIRP (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Heard earlier today that Cruz will be testing at Firebird with some new personnel . . . and a sponsor. Source wisely discerned that I couldn't be trusted with the sponsor info - :D

Anyone know who else might show up? Three weeks to go . . . should be interesting!

I'm just surprised to hear that a Predregon will even be testing at all. Both Tony and Cruz have decided against pre-season testing in recent past. I don't think either of them have tested since the countdown points system was put in place. (maybe longer)

Hopefully it goes well for them.

I'm just surprised to hear that a Predregon will even be testing at all. Both Tony and Cruz have decided against pre-season testing in recent past. I don't think either of them have tested since the countdown points system was put in place. (maybe longer)

Hopefully it goes well for them.

That's what I was thinking....But I guess when there's a new Sponsor onboard you try to gain as much advantage you can!

I'm not too surprised I guess. New tuner (that was on the sidelines in all of 2009 from who I hear it is), new sponsor, bad year in 2009, I'd hate to show up in Pomona without making a few runs.

I'm not too surprised I guess. New tuner (that was on the sidelines in all of 2009 from who I hear it is), new sponsor, bad year in 2009, I'd hate to show up in Pomona without making a few runs.

X2. Even a frugal owner knows you better make a few runs with a new crew chief to make sure your not way behind the 8 ball.

Even though I do not have much love for the Pedregons, I'm just glad to see that he'll be out there racing again next year. The sport needs all of their stars to remain out there racing.

Now we need some good news about the Snake.;)

Amen to that. GOTTA have Snake out there. It does illustrate how expenses have skyrocketed while the pool of sponsor possibilities keeps getting shallower. Just a few years ago Snake had a 3 car fuel team, now he's struggling to stay out at all. Hopefully he can put it together.

Even though I do not have much love for the Pedregons, I'm just glad to see that he'll be out there racing again next year. The sport needs all of their stars to remain out there racing.

Now we need some good news about the Snake.;)

Agreed on both. Hope we hear something soon from the Snake.

When is the NHRA going to do something about the high cost of fuel racing? I know this topic has been hammered into the ground around here but for pete's sake it won't be long and it's gonna be Force and Shoe. How friggin hard can it be to lower cost and still put on "THE SHOW"? It's getting to the point were it doesn't matter how good a racer you are but how good a salesman. Or maybe it's allready that way. As a 40 plus year fan of this sport I am easy to please. Take away a mag and a pump, maybe a timer here and there and let's go. You can go back to 1320 and when the weather is right you can pour the whole can in and throw the cap in to.

Very interesting. Wonder if it's the snap on deal that was rumored earlier

It's official. It was announced at our Snap-On Kick-Off meeting this weekend. I wasn't able to find out any other info such as crew chief for Cruz or # of years on his contract yet. Some graphics renditions were shown and that was about it. Everyone was excitied to get our name back into NHRA nitro racing and sponsoring a past champion.

It's official. It was announced at our Snap-On Kick-Off meeting this weekend. I wasn't able to find out any other info such as crew chief for Cruz or # of years on his contract yet. Some graphics renditions were shown and that was about it. Everyone was excitied to get our name back into NHRA nitro racing and sponsoring a past champion.

This is great news Heath! It is good to know Cruz will be back out this year and it is good to see Snap-On returning to the sport in the capacity of a major sponsor. Any word on what is going on with Tony?

Great news. Wonder if Mr. Herbert was lobbying for the same thing and/or how he feels about it. And I am also wondering the same thing Paul, whats up with Tony??

Just need MAC back and we can have the old 3 way battle of the tools:D

I see that all of the Alan Johnson Racing and Schumacher racing cars will be at Palm Beach testing this week and will only go to Firebird if they need additional testing. Bummer, this might really cut down the car count at Firebird testing in 2 weeks.

We have the car in the shop making some changes before they head for testing. Paint job is beautiful! All paint, no vinyl from what I can tell. bOb

When is the NHRA going to do something about the high cost of fuel racing? I know this topic has been hammered into the ground around here but for pete's sake it won't be long and it's gonna be Force and Shoe. How friggin hard can it be to lower cost and still put on "THE SHOW"? It's getting to the point were it doesn't matter how good a racer you are but how good a salesman. Or maybe it's allready that way. As a 40 plus year fan of this sport I am easy to please. Take away a mag and a pump, maybe a timer here and there and let's go. You can go back to 1320 and when the weather is right you can pour the whole can in and throw the cap in to.

Densham summed it up: "it costs $35,000 a race for me to run in NHRA and $3,500 a race to run the nostalgia nitro funny car" OK if the nostalgia cars can run for $3,500 a race to run a quartermile and it costs $35,000 a race to run 1000 feet then there's a big problem isn't there?

Densham summed it up: "it costs $35,000 a race for me to run in NHRA and $3,500 a race to run the nostalgia nitro funny car" OK if the nostalgia cars can run for $3,500 a race to run a quartermile and it costs $35,000 a race to run 1000 feet then there's a big problem isn't there?

Your mileage may differ... ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back