Capps makes test laps at napa auto parts national time trials (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]CHANDLER, Ariz. (Jan. 25, 2008) - Ron Capps took advantage of good weather in Arizona and a solid test in West Palm Beach last weekend to make test runs of certain components at the NAPA AUTO PARTS National Time Trials this weekend at Firebird Raceway. Of the six passes he made in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Funny Car, his best was a 4.854-second run at 157.96 mph, not a full pass.

"For us this weekend was a little bit different than past years," said Capps. "We were quickest car last year leaving the test session and I believe the year before as well. This year, with the recent announcement of the lack of testing we're going to have in 2009, we wanted to take full advantage.

"We ran so well in West Palm Beach last weekend. We ran several teens, low teens, 4.11, a 4.10 and a 4.09 that we needed to try some things we needed to make sure we were able to test before Pomona.

"Coming to a test, especially here this year knowing that people need to test a lot of things, we were in the same boat with a lot of other teams where the numbers you see are not indicative of true performance. For us, it was just going to 330 feet, maybe 400 feet and trying different things to make ourselves better. So, we're happy.

"It seems like sometimes you actually learn more testing when things don't go as good as you want them to go, and we learned that a lot this weekend. We found some things that are really exciting that we're going to implement for Pomona. It was a big test for us the last two days. And we were not really worrying about going to the finish line.

"We'll be testing tomorrow and I think we're going to make some full pulls. If the weather is good enough I think we can run with anybody who ran low 4.0s today. I have no doubt. The car was on a great run the last run before I shut it off at 400 feet (4.854/157.96) and they were all planned shutoffs. We will evaluate everything tomorrow and we should be ready to go for Pomona.”

Testing results, including each pass of all drivers participating in the time trials, may be found on Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030

Attachments

• capps_214758.jpg
    capps_214758.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 773
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back