Al-Anabi out at AJR (2 Viewers)

How much stolen money did the Middle Easterners dole out to race teams? A lot of people spent a lot of stolen taxpayer money racin' a few years ago. Remember that?

But I suppose since they were Americans, that was OK by you.

Funny how you didn't talk any sh*t about this team before today.
Funny why you haven't figured out why Dixon was gone for this team. There are good Middle Easterners, too bad Al Anabi and Al Baloosni are not among them. They should have been deported day one.

Funny why you haven't figured out why Dixon was gone for this team. There are good Middle Easterners, too bad Al Anabi and Al Baloosni are not among them. They should have been deported day one.

Oh, I have heard some bad things about them. Something beating people or some such thing. Not much became of it that I can recall. Nothing really serious. And, frankly, I don't feel the need to go digging up dirt on them either. Facts. Not rumor. I don't draw sponsorship money from them.

But far as I know they didn't steal yours or mines tax money and give it to a bunch of people who would be sitting at home, or not being as competitive, without that stolen money.]

We all witnessed outright theft happening and cars being funded from it. A lot of people raced a lot of cars with that stolen money.

And a lot of his supporters (a good many right on this site) shouted from the treetops the that crooked SOB was good for racing and the government was just out to get him (for some ignorant reason). And all the time they were racing on the money that he stole from the government. This probably isn't the time and place to get into all of that, but one thing I am curious about is why you think they should be deported. Did they commit a crime of some sort?

Last edited:
the interviewed quoted inflammatory remarks by nat. guard....and then published.....unbelievable.
business is business; no room for name calling, much less repeating.
the remarks are only a detriment to those associated with them.

Jeff, I follow natural gas and WTI oil prices because that is where my income comes from. Qatar has a proven oil reserve of 25 billion barrels and at $55/bbl your pricing is correct. That is very small compared to Saudi Arabia which has 270 billion barrels. Qatar is the 6th smallest of the nine producers in OPEC. They produce very little oil, they are a major,if not the largest gas producer outside the U.S.. All commodities are traded and futures are all traded on the CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) and the daily price posted, but not traded on Nasdaq. Natural gas is the breadwinner for Qatar.
The US has more proven oil/gas/coal reserves than all countries in the world combined - 507 billion barrels of oil which simple math says we have 21.2 times oil dollars in USD than Qatar. All these figures can be confirmed very easy. I'am a royality owner with Marathon Oil and have been involved in the oil industry since 1954. Just the North Dakota BAKKEN has proven reserves of over 300 billion bbls and is the second largest producer in the US behind Texas which is the largest.
Regardless of all the BS above, Qatar is not effected by the lower oil prices.

Randy, unfortunately our electricity prices in So.Cal will be going up approximately 10% this year.

Interesting that the Kalid was at the last Gran Pre race and after the race drove one of the GP cars. Maybe he is going that way or maybe daddy (The Emir) is finally fed up with the mess's Kalid has gotten into.

I agree with Randy, compared to the family's other expenditures, the Sheikh's drag racing stuff was small pittance. They are on the hook for over $20 BILLION dollars for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, and the Sheikh's brother bought the soccer team Paris St. Germain for 100 million Euros in 2011, ..

Sheikh Hamad is famous for helping to establish the first Arab international news network, Al Jazeera, when he provided a loan of QAR 500 million ($137 million) to sustain Al Jazeera through its first five years.

In October 2012, Hamad made a historic visit to Gaza and pledged US$400 million in humanitarian aid to Hamas, to build infrastructure projects and hospitals.[51]

The father (Hamad) is no longer Emir of Qatar, his son and Khalid's half brother is now the Emir since 2013. No idea what this did to the family as far as financial access.

Excuse me, but honestly....
Did you guys see this whole deal ending any differently?
This sport is so desperate for cash that most people on this site canonized the scum off of the Illinois swamp. The teams that he sponsored turned the other cheek, and full well knew what was going on.

This deal was from a kid who was raised differently, and wanted a different toy.
At some time, everyone parks the Tonka Truck and moves on to the next interesting toy.

Last edited:
Sponsors leave motorsports all the time, but the sudden abrupt ending of this one left me speechless...regardless of the sponsors origins. Being that the season is beginning in less than 30 days leaves countless people without jobs or the ability to move on to other teams who are already prepared to begin the season. Why or how it happened really doesn't matter at this point...the true issue is getting these teams and personnel back working again...this is their livelihood

I'm sure Alan can keep the team going, if he has funding. He already has a potential driver for the gold car if needed. Brandon!! However, the tough part is the funding, something John Force is finding out all too well.

The timing was pretty bad. No question. These guys will likely be unemployed for awhile.

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. AJ will either find another more traditional backer or just make parts. Either way, he is going to be solvent for years to come. The key personnel he has will land on their feet almost anywhere.

Well one thing the low prices will have an impact on is the oil & gas service providers, there's 2 TF teams that are supported by companies that support the oil & gas industry and there could be some price related impacts to those teams. Most oil & gas companies have already announced they are slashing spending in 2015 which will impact the E&P service industry. While I hope this doesn't happen, it's just something to keep an eye out for.

Hey Terry while you've got your chin stuck out .... you do realize that Qatar is all of 4,500 square miles in size right, Saudi roughly 750,000 square miles, with the US nearing 4 million square miles. You seem to have a grasp on the basics, right up until you seem to say they are not impacted by oil and gas prices, BOTH of which have rather dramatically dipped recently.

Congratulations on the royalty check, hope it has a comma in it.

I hope C&J stays in the game too. Public company's are fairly fickle sponsors (SPRINT comes to mind).

"Randy, unfortunately our electricity prices in So.Cal will be going up approximately 10% this year".

Terry, So Cal Edison has averaged a 8% rate increase every year for the past 20 years.

Jeff, Qatar has oil reserves but produces very little. The oil they actually produce is less than 1/2 of 1% of their annual budget. On the other hand gas is almost 100% of their budget. If they were producing much oil it would effect them but they don't. Gas prices can have effect on them but you need to realize they have over 7 trillion dollars in their surplus bank account.
My monthly royalty check has more than 1 comma on it.

C&J is a big oil field company and also owns Case Hole Solutions. The Torrance family also owns a large oil field support company, can't remember the name, it's on their cars. They are all still making money and it has been great to see new sponsors that are not in racing sponsoring cars. I wish there were more companies out the norm get into sponsoring cars. Look at the sponsors NASCAR cars have, very few are also in drag racing.

Mike: I beg to differ with you but SCE has not averaged a 8% rate increase every year for the past 20. I worked there for 34 years part of which was working on their rate cases (which are submitted every 4 years) and their electricity prices have gone up a lot less than 8% per year. It is very easy to find the increases - just look up on the internet for SCE Rate Cases and if you are willing to spend time to read one you can see the rate increases the PUC has approved which is the price they are allowed to charge.

Anyway, we need new sponsors in drag racing and the dumb bells at NHRA could support new sponsors if they didn't ban companies that compete with one of their own sponsors. Why can't their be more than one nitro or gas supplier, and, their are many more that NHRA will not allow.

My monthly royalty check has more than 1 comma on it.

Can you be my Dad?

Anyway, we need new sponsors in drag racing and the dumb bells at NHRA could support new sponsors if they didn't ban companies that compete with one of their own sponsors. Why can't their be more than one nitro or gas supplier, and, their are many more that NHRA will not allow.

I never understood that either.

Terry, Edison doesnt take into consideration all the customer who are on D-Care or empty homes when they figure their averages. If you take a average Edison customer they were paying in 2001 about .13 kwh and now that figure is close to .22kwh. That is a pretty good rate increase. By the way, I'm in the solar business so please keep those rate increases coming.:)

Dave, most sponsors want that clause in their contract. Sprint did the samething in NASCAR. Verizon was dying to sponsor a Penske car but couldnt.

The oil industry in Tx has always been boom to bust. At $50 or less a barrel you won't see many new wells come in. Any industry dependent on that exploration is going to suffer. As far as Al-Anabi it may very well be that Daddy said it's time to grow up and make money instead of spending it. If what is rumored is true Aj should have a pile of cash left over from the deal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back