Al-Anabi out at AJR (1 Viewer)

Question; Why is the news say, TheQatar Racing Club ?
I thought this whole deal was some rich kid Sheikh playing with his dad's $$.
Remember a few years ago it was rumored the oldman was pissed. I'm not surprised the plug has been pulled. Now maybe some new blood lessor funded teams can make a run in the Big Show.

Dose Alan Johnson own the equipment?

I think this is the key question. AJ could conceivably round up sponsorship and get back to racing, although it would take a while. I think in the long run it's better for the sport to not have teams with virtually endless cash. Even DSR/JFR/Kalitta Motorsports et al have limits.

May be a good idea to catch up on some of the geo-political news brewing out of that region... That would explain a lot...

My memory tells me (it lies on occassion) that there was some issues a year or two ago and the rumors were flying that funding had been pulled at that time.

Okay, everyone who is sharing this story is too politically correct to say it, so I will.

That's what happens when you deal with middle easterners, they'll pretend to have your back then sooner or later stab it. Looks like Alan Johnson (And the rest of the teams funded by Al-anabi) has found out the hard way.

Okay, everyone who is sharing this story is too politically correct to say it, so I will.

That's what happens when you deal with middle easterners, they'll pretend to have your back then sooner or later stab it. Looks like Alan Johnson (And the rest of the teams funded by Al-anabi) has found out the hard way.

Just to refresh my memory, Which middle eastern country was Evan Knoll from?

Well, Sam, I don't think that's a really fair appraisal of the situation...seems to me the Shiekh's money has done an awfully lot of good for drag racing while he was here. Maybe instead of stereotyping and denigrating all "middle easterners", we maybe should be a little bit thankful for the good that has been done with the fuel cars, the pro mods, and a quite notable Alcohol Funny Car racer, to name a few...Hell, the Sheikh stayed with NHRA longer than Sprint did with NASCAR.....food for thought

shame will miss them! life goes on, maybe some good guys will get in the show now!

Wow!! That's like saying all blacks, asians, hispanics, jews etc. are bad and not to be trusted. There are some good and some bad no matter what your race. A very narrow view in my opinion.

Can you save me some time and come paint my house with that broad stroke brush?

While this is to the delight of a few, it'll be a shame if those two competitive cars are not out there. Yes, it could present two open spots in the field, but if they're open to cars that aren't competitive with the other 14 in the field, what's the difference?

I wonder where Khalid stands in this...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back