Al-Anabi renews for five years (1 Viewer)

Good deal. I am still wondering how Manzo will figure into this deal next year.

I don't know why they even bothered to renew. NHRA is going out of business after next year anyhow....

Here we go again.

What? According to many on here, NHRA will be lucky to make it through this season! All thanks to Courtney Force getting nekkid. Personally I thought John Force getting nekkid would have turned many away, but apparently the folks on here would rather see a wrinkly, worn, 60 year old man nude rather than a young 20's, well endowed, tight bodied blonde with no clothes. Hmmmmmmmm.....;)

Guess Sam's gonna be bummed out now... ;)

What's there to be bummed out about? People get to keep their jobs and that's never a bad thing.

Would I like to see AJ get with another team? Yes, but at least he's out there.

Although I must say, I need to stop rooting against them, because whenever I do they win! :eek:

Although I must say, I need to stop rooting against them, because whenever I do they win!

You can't win... root against them and they win, root for them and you are doing something you don't want to do.

What is your beef with Al-Anabi anyway? I am curious more than anything, not trying to start an argument...

I think he is still pissed they tossed Larry to the curb, or I should say Larry tossed himself to the curb.

If that's true, then I think a lot of people would still be mad about DSR and Cory. But I don't hear the sniping about DSR anymore, but I still hear it about Al-Anabi. Makes me think there is something else at play.

Anyway, I have succeeded in derailing my own thread.

Back to it, Langdon wins the Traxxas shoot out and advances to the second round with DSR out of contention, which means he'll be seeded number one in the countdown. Not a bad way to start off a renewed contract!

Maybe 'cause they speak Arabic?

Forget the fact that Qatar is one of our (very few) reliable allies in the mid-east. Them and, of course, Israel.

I think he is still pissed they tossed Larry to the curb, or I should say Larry tossed himself to the curb.

Sheik Khalid and AJR have formed a stable, premiere two car top fuel operation that has 2 championships in 5 years.
I am glad they have chosen to go another 5 years - they are a class operation with visibility nationally and
internationally.

Great to hear the Sheikh has decided to continue his support for at least five more years!

Is it just me, or does he look alot like Davey Allison?

I don't know why they even bothered to renew. NHRA is going out of business after next year anyhow....

The Al-Anabi deal is no economic indicator related to the health of drag racing..
It's pure NHRA luck and luxury of having a guy who can spend millions as if it were pocket change who happens to dig drag racing. We need one of those 1 in 1,000,000,000 breaks, and they don't exist except for the Sheikh.
Thank you, Shiekh.

When I see the old school Blue Chip corporations reinvesting their faith in NHRA viewership, then I'll know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. And no, not Graham Light.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back