Al-Anabi out at AJR (2 Viewers)

It will be interesting if he can find any sponsors or not? If he parks the cars, let's everybody go will the Don snatch up the crewchiefs, and some crew members since it appears it's going to be the DSRA Mello Yello series?

It will be interesting if he can find any sponsors or not? If he parks the cars, let's everybody go will the Don snatch up the crewchiefs, and some crew members since it appears it's going to be the DSRA Mello Yello series?

I think DSR is smart enough to know that without full fields of competitive cars (and the field was competitive this year), the championships they have won/will win don't mean as much. I think they would be for as many competitive cars out there as possible.

Well, Sam, I don't think that's a really fair appraisal of the situation...seems to me the Shiekh's money has done an awfully lot of good for drag racing while he was here. Maybe instead of stereotyping and denigrating all "middle easterners", we maybe should be a little bit thankful for the good that has been done with the fuel cars, the pro mods, and a quite notable Alcohol Funny Car racer, to name a few...Hell, the Sheikh stayed with NHRA longer than Sprint did with NASCAR.....food for thought
First, I'm not trying to start an uproar, but do you know the other people involved with the Sheikh if they got paid or not? Like the ADRL deal? Just asking. No ill-intent.

The initial Al Anabi deal with AJ was for 5 years, so I would say that it lasted the test of time. The only thing in this whole situation that sucks is that they waited until after New Years to give the team(s) a heads up that they don't have funding to go race in 2015.

Is all the T/F equipment owned by Al Anabi or Alan Johnson? As Alan knew in December I wonder if this is part of the reason JFR has had such a hard time finding sponsors?

Interesting, might put some light on Kevin Knowles dealing with him, sounds like a very unstable business person, sure Alan has been prepared for this to happen.

First, I'm not trying to start an uproar, but do you know the other people involved with the Sheikh if they got paid or not? Like the ADRL deal? Just asking. No ill-intent.
And no ill intent taken, Peter. And you have a good point. I don't know any real info about the "no pay" accusations concerning the ADRL, only what I have read from both sides....and I agree if the ADRL info is correct it is a bad deal. But, I still maintain, the Sheikh's involvement in NHRA, IHRA, and ADRL did far more good that harm..

I'd say it's as simple as the Sheik's old man shutting down his hobby.

THIS.

The Sheikh has developed some bad "habits" in America (particularly for a prominent Muslim) and has at least one 18 year payment plan on the east coast. Daddy is saying play time is over for junior.

If AJR does have a payout/early termination clause in his contract, good luck collecting it.

Although this is unfortunate, especially for those on the teams, it's a classic example of what can happen when an entity has most of their eggs in one basket. In this case it bit AJR and last year it was JFR,...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back