Ace shoots one off on T Ped! (1 Viewer)

ch3no282

Nitro Member
There has been a line of thinking out there that some drivers might prefer racing to the quarter-mile at slower speeds. To those drivers, McCulloch did offer a solution.

“If the guys want to do that, then go run Nostalgia cars,” McCulloch said. “I hear people say the cars are unsafe and they blow up. Well, take a real good look, because anybody can have a parts failure and the thing will blow up. If you look at the big picture, the cars that blow up are pretty much the same cars that blow up all the time. The two biggest crybabies in the sport are Tony and Cruz Pedregon. I got some news for Tony, if he truly feels, and I’ve heard this on TV interviews, that he’s facing death every time he gets in that car; Tony, don’t get in it.”

This is the best comment I've seen in a long time!

Thats about the type of interview I would expect from the "Ace"
right to the point and no BS.:D

I love it! I am with ACE. I have seen them race to 1000' and have no problem with it. I do think PS should also go to 1000' to make the track prep safer for the class, but that is another issue...

“I had as big and as violent of explosions back then as they do today with a 20 gallon fuel pump,” McCulloch said. “They talk about reducing the fuel pump, and I disagree with that 100 percent. It’s nitromethane, that’s what it does

The Ace had a bad one, first round of the 86 Winters. It let go just before the lights and exploded the body off the car very similar to Jim Heads. Only the very front nose was still attatched.

The ACE is right on the money I think.

I agree with ed about the cars, it is what it is, you run on 100% nitromethane anything can happen. That's why I believe that when Scott Died, the car was not "happy" at all, it either struck the tires or had something happen whether it be a small "flash" like it had on the Friday Night Session or the explosion that resulted in the crash that took his life. although I obviously want to see 1320 ft racing especially at a track like E-Town that created a special spot with the old RP Tower from the 80s at the 1320 mark for fans to watch the racing. I don't think they should try to make changes to slow them down just to go to 1320 racing, that's like NASCAR putting Restrictor Plates on in Talladega and Daytona, now they basically can never run 200 again.

I personally think the redoing of the sand pits was good enough, last year when Marty Nothstein and Alexis DeJouria took it into the beach, their cars were totaled (Granted Nitromethane is a different animal altogether compared to Methanol) but both survived. But if a 260+ Methanol Funny Car can take a hit and the driver survives, it is quite possible that forbid if we ever have a situation like with scott (even if he isn't knocked unconsious from the explosion) that the driver could survive.

Just My 2 cents

Did anyone else notice Rob Flynn tuning Tped this weekend. So i guess Johnny West is out.

Ace is all wrapped up in the money. He makes big bucks tuning Capps' car and being a big shot at Shoe Racing. Of course he is going to say what the guy who signs the front of his check wants him to say. This is as silly as some of you thinking he could kick Tny P's butt. He's older than I am, for Pete's sake. Legends die hard, I guess, and he never even was one.

Ace is all wrapped up in the money. He makes big bucks tuning Capps' car and being a big shot at Shoe Racing. Of course he is going to say what the guy who signs the front of his check wants him to say. This is as silly as some of you thinking he could kick Tny P's butt. He's older than I am, for Pete's sake. Legends die hard, I guess, and he never even was one.

Ace, not a legend? What are you smoking? :confused: :rolleyes:

:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back