In case anyone missed it.... Tony Pedregon had a big fire in Pomona (1 Viewer)

Bullet

Nitro Member
In case anyone missed it.... Tony Pedregon had a big fire in Pomona.... ESPN can you please replay it as I missed it!

If I see that blow up once more I am going to go crazy!!

BTW it was good to see Tony's injuries are not impacting him too severely.

Last edited:
Re: In case aone missed it.... Tony Pedregon had a big fire in Pomona

I also heard Paul "clueless" Page say it was the worst funny car explosion in history.:rolleyes: And poor Tony and his burnt hand....must really be tough to take 2nd and 3rd degree burns,compared to little things like compound fractures and severly dislocated limbs....

Last edited:

When racers like Kenny Bernstein/Mark Oswald/Kalitta/J Force/Jim Head/G Densahm spoke about Tony Pedregon's explosion say it was the biggest/worst explosion they have ever seen in their history of AA/FC, it has to be a memory maker....

Last edited:

I still think, espically for it's day and age, with considerable less fuel volume, Mike Dunns explosion at OCIR was in the same league as Tonys, same with Oswald at Dallas.

I do think they over played the heck out of it, but how many times have we seen Cory Mac from Brisol also.

JUst like Cory Mac's at Bristol last year! But I bet the sponsors love it!

Along those same lines, I didn't realize John Force had a bad wreck last year. Hope he's ok

Just heard that Raymond Beadle rolled over in his Blue Max at Gainesville.....hope he is OK too.

And word has it that some guy named Garlits had a blowover. More details forthcoming...

In case anyone missed it.... Tony Pedregon had a big fire in Pomona.... ESPN can you please replay it as I missed it!

If I see that blow up once more I am going to go crazy!!

BTW it was good to see Tony's injuries are not impacting him too severely.

too bad for cory mac and fram (bristol wreck shown 1000 times) they have been replaced by the big q explosion...

And word has it that some guy named Garlits had a blowover. More details forthcoming...
That wasn't the spoon nose car was it?? The whole "punch a hole in the air and drive through it" car with the small front wheels?? And a plastic bubble over the driver??? It will never work!!!
:eek::eek:

Didn't some Don Garlits guy have some kind of clutch explosion that kinda cut his car in half and cut off like half his foot or something?

Along the same lines, Garlits said today he won't shave until he wins the Nationals.

I heard Bob Picket's yellow Javelin took flight in the lights at The County. Think he's okay, but hurt his back pretty bad.

Dang 32 car open flopper shows.

Oh, and did anyone hear, the Beach City Chevrolet 'vette burned to the ground?

d'kid

I heard that Chris "The Golden Greek" Karamasines recently turned 25 years old!! :D

Anything not to see the Capps 'boomer' from Ennis in '02. When are they gonna take it down from the outside of the stands on the pit side??!! Grrrrrr!

I agree that they are showing his explosion way too much but this place has become one of the biggest ***** boards ive been to in a while, instead of being thankful for what we do get throughout this sport it seems like all we are complaining about is how they are going about everything. If Paul Page doesnt know anything about drag racing dont you think someone probably told him that it was one of the biggest explosions?? Hes not the only one to say it either so as much of a dumbass you think he is, change the channel if you dont like it, Nobody is making you watch it.

Anything not to see the Capps 'boomer' from Ennis in '02. When are they gonna take it down from the outside of the stands on the pit side??!! Grrrrrr!

I remember that well! Capps thought he couldn't feel his legs when they were getting him out of the car!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back