A/FX Chevelle (1 Viewer)

A buddy of mine bought a '64 Chevelle a few years ago, without a title, that had a lot of mods already done to build a drag car. The interior is mostly done, roll bar, leaf spring rear and Mustang II front, with a 427. At that time, I told him he should finish the drag car project. He wanted to convert it to a road racer type street car :eek: Well, yesterday he finally came to his senses. He asked me if I could help him build the car into an A/FX style straight axle Gasser, he'd even pay me!

First off, does anyone have pictures of such a thing that I could use for ideas?

Second, I told him he should use the 427 and a TH400 or Powerglide for now to get it going. He's wanting to use a LT1.

Ideas?

He was wanting the 'High & Mighty' look, but I guess that wouldn't be that hard to get with coils.

We're in north-central Iowa, so I'm looking to build it for NHRA Hertiage/Goodguys' Nostalgia Eliminator and NPCA's B/GAS or Nostalgia Comp.

This is what he's wanting, I think
2a_steve_bovan_7.jpeg

Last edited:
oh yeah! now your talkin! a/fx cars rule! you should do a malcom durham clone. keep us updated with pics!

I'm trying to figure out a tune-up for this car. Four things come to mind; blown SB, blown BB, powerglide, TH400. The car is pretty d@mn light right now. I think we have a start at each one already. What would be the best setup?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back