2008 Schedule (1 Viewer)

I think Epping would be a Great Market for NHRA, but they'd Need a HUGE Investment and expansion in the place to even be considered.

rumor#2 has another pomoma? 3 pomonas? wow lucky them and that would stink for people who cant make it there

I think it would be good to add a northeast event. I can't see why they would add a 3rd event in a town that doesn't want us. With all the noise laws and curfews I wouldn't want to add more money at Pomona.

I can't see why they would add a 3rd event in a town that doesn't want us. With all the noise laws and curfews I wouldn't want to add more money at Pomona.
Who says the town of Pomona doesn`t want the NHRA? Those curfews have been in place as long as I`ve been going there (`86). Didn`t NHRA sign a long term lease recently to keep racing at the Fairplex? I say bring on a third race there, they did it the year NHRA celebrated its 50th. and it was packed just like every other National Event held there.

Who says the town of Pomona doesn`t want the NHRA? Those curfews have been in place as long as I`ve been going there (`86). Didn`t NHRA sign a long term lease recently to keep racing at the Fairplex? I say bring on a third race there, they did it the year NHRA celebrated its 50th. and it was packed just like every other National Event held there.

That and another NE event would be nice.:)

Since the title of this thread is 2008 schedule..............Does anyone have an idea as to when the first Pomona race is?? I am trying to do some scheduling based on the date of that first race weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rumor has it that HDP wants to expand into 3 markets. Mexico, Toronto, and somewhere in the Northeast.

i thought the epping rumor was put to rest last year when ihra announced some type of long term contract with epping?:confused:

To me all the noise restraints and curfews make it an uninviting place. I would rather see them get into a newer or underutilized market rather than adding a 3rd race at the same track and 4th in the same state

Since the title of this thread is 2008 schedule..............Does anyone have an idea as to when the first Pomona race is?? I am trying to do some scheduling based on the date of that first race weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's usually the weekend after the Superbowl.

I'm kind of torn on this because it would be great having an event at Pomona in the summer at night like they did for the 50th anniversary race. Living in the northeast you couldn't have a better vacation than spending a week in Southern California with a night race at Pomona in the mix. If I remember correctly they drew a good crowd at that 01 race. By the same token the New England area is starving for a race, and the southwest has 2 at Pomona, 2 at Vegas plus Phoenix and Sonoma so it would be nice to spread the wealth around. The main problem I see is that there are a shortage of tracks in the Northeast, Englishtown is already maxed out on the number of noise days so they couldn't get another race. The size of the Epping facility could be an issue. Does anybody think that the rumor on DRO could mean Atco or Budds Creek? It's probably wishful thinking but I would really like to see them add a second race in Maple Grove, as it is one of the few facilities that draws well after Labor Day.

I'm with the "add a race in the Northeast" contingent.
Consider: half of the people in the U.S. live in the Eastern Time Zone, 30 % in the Central Time Zone, 15% in the Pacific and only 5% in the Mountain Time Zone.
The five most populous states are: California (3 Nats), Texas (2 Nats), Florida (1 Nats), Illinois (1 Nats), and New York (0 Nats).
Of course, some states have events nearby which must be considered. For example, the event at Norwalk, Ohio (The Summit named facility) has obviated an event in Detroit.
Then, too, Denver has a National Event in part because Denver is the largest city in the Mountain Time Zone and a hub for sports enthusiasts of all types in the region. That's one reason Denver has NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, and Lacrosse franchises!
I would add South Florida as a good future location though I haven't any idea if there is a facility there capapble of upgrade to National Event caliber. Canada ia already in the planning, as it should be. The race in Mexico should be an exhibition, at least to begin with, and should be in Monterrey. Some have suggest Mexico City which is, I believe, the most populous city in the Western Hemisphere; but Monterrey has a racing heritage and is much easier to reach by road from the U.S.
Watching all of this shape up is going to be fun!
Cheers,
Ed

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back