Hot Rod on crutches!!!! (1 Viewer)

Hope he gets better...although it is very possible to drive with a bum knee. I had knee on a Monday and was at a division race that Thursday. I just didn't do much walking around.

Methinks that someone is going to be put under a "no-volleyball" clause. :D

Seriously though, I hope he gets better in time for G-ville.

Methinks that someone is going to be put under a "no-volleyball" clause. :D

Seriously though, I hope he gets better in time for G-ville.

Unlike other professional sports, appearantly contracts in the NHRA are as worthless as the ole screen door on the submarine.

Get well soon Hot Rod!

I was wondering that too - if he'll be okay to go for G'ville.

Conspiracy theory alert - perhaps DPM/Valvoline is just SAYING Fuller hurt himself. I remember last year in F1, Montoya apparently injured himself playing tennis (or was it riding a dirtbike?) and within a few weeks of his return, it was announced that he'd be going to NASCAR...

No seriously, I hope Fuller can drive with that bum knee.

In Bob Frey's column on Dragracecentral.com, Bob said that Hot Rod hurt his knee playing volleyball with some Matco distributors at their meeting in Hawaii. I think that David Powers is probably not upset with Hot Rod engaging in activities that involve one of his team's major sponsors.

Isn't he a little short to be playing volleyball??? :eek:
John, that's a good one! And you are probably right, but as you probably know. Rod is quite an athlete, and as a great soccer player, he probably has a pretty good vertical jump (pre-injury, of course!), but starting at 5'4" he'd have to! I kind of enjoyed having ol' Hot Rod in the SG staging lanes, though. He's usually the only one that is shorter than me (I'm 5'6")

I was wondering that too - if he'll be okay to go for G'ville.

Conspiracy theory alert - perhaps DPM/Valvoline is just SAYING Fuller hurt himself. I remember last year in F1, Montoya apparently injured himself playing tennis (or was it riding a dirtbike?) and within a few weeks of his return, it was announced that he'd be going to NASCAR...

No seriously, I hope Fuller can drive with that bum knee.
So you're saying Fuller is going to nascar???:p

hey, it's the left knee-as long as he has enough strength to engage the clutch initially, he'll be ok. He can still mash the pedal with his right leg and pedal the car if he needs to. Remember that it's not like a pro stocker where you really have to dump the clutch.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back