WJ Calls For NTSB-Type Investigations For On-Track Incidents (1 Viewer)

I think that this is great idea, not that there is not a through investigation going on now. Come on this happened to someone from JFR, it is not like John is worried about cost, if anything he is more worried about not letting this happen to any of his other racers and fellow competitors. I believe JFR will stop at nothing to find out the facts and then reveal them so that everyone can benefit.
Now as for other race cars that do not have the backing like JFR, there should be a process to investigate an incident more throughly then it is now. I agree with WJ, there should be someone like the NTSB for all auto racing sactioning bodies, and it should be required to be used with every incident. Cost should not even be an issue when it comes to everybodies safety, or even just one person!!! We cannot put a price tag on someone's life.

Their presentation of the 'data' from that investigation was not completely forthcoming. For instance, they sort of glossed over the fact that every belt used in the #3 car was installed wrong.

Furthermore, they were not installed wrong because people didn't know how to install them....they were installed as per DE Sr's wishes, against the advice from his long time friend, Bill Simpson. He wanted to be comfortable.

And don't forget...NTSB investigations usually assign blame and fault....that is another can of worms some may not want to open.

I am 1000% in favor of full scale investigations into drag racing accidents, in an effort to hopefully keep similar circumstances from happening ever again. Unlike flying, however, the sport of drag racing has people who would shut down a track in their area in a heartbeat.

That said, be careful what you wish for. Remember the law of unintended consequences.

So maybe an answer lies in the formation of an investigative agency comprised of experts in the field of drag racing ....chasis builders, engineers, track conditions, tires, body design..... every aspect of drag racing. It's just a thought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back