You wanted it?...you got it! (1 Viewer)

Better hurry! How much more have you got to go? Need more time or parts? Maybe both. :D Every time I think about jumping back into Comp. They bring in a new class and what some might say, a soft index.;) I can't afford to get into that game, with the high costs today. :(

Good luck to you. Looks like you'll be in the hunt for awhile, unless NHRA changes things or it's starts getting hammered.

I am waiting for my custom turbos to be completed, as well as my cylinder head to come back from "tweaking". I have to try for every advantage I can get since we have to use GAS in Comp! My engine was originally built to run methanol. Plus, with them changing the rules on us over and over, we have to keep "re-upping" on our turbo program. It's very expensive. We look to have it ready by Maple Grove.......or thereabouts.

Yup, that's what I thought. I just can't spend the money over and over again to keep up. If I can't be deep in the hunt, I just can't bring myself to start again. At the rate it's going, the only way to go is to get together with others and make a team effort. The days of jumping in with 50-75K and be competitive are long gone.:rolleyes: To do it right, I'm thinking 200-250K and that's not me. It will take maybe three of us, to share the expenses to really go for it. then comes the travel and maint. I'm tired just typing it.:D

I think this forum is a slap in the face of the Sportsman racers!

It says, "you're not good enough to be in the NHRA forum" to me!!

I'd take it the other way and hold my nose up in the air! HA! :D

Next they'll be in the NHRA section talking about how they can talk more respectfully about sportsman racers so that we'll do them the favor of posting in there again! To borrow from Jim, don't say anything about a sportsman racer on here that you wouldn't say to his or her face. This should be a passwrord enabled room that pros can't get into! :D

WOOOOHHHH!!!! I see it's STILL below Nostalgia! How's THAT for a slap in the face!!!

(LOL)

Last edited:
Jean,
That is the first time I saw those pictures. I like the 57 but really love the white altered. I guess you could tell I am an altered guy.... Can you post that???:eek:

jim

Yes Robert, as much as they can. Funny you should mention this. It has gotten so bad, with guys changing classes, that their talking about limiting it to two classes per driver, per season. Time will tell. Some big money guys build for many different classes. Then they run one, until it gets hammered, then switch classes and run some more. The smaller teams ( like me) can't afford to keep switching around. It's the people and the cars that make it great. If they could just keep the costs down. I'm a dreamer on that one. :D

Don't know if you ever saw these, but here is a link to a few of my old toys.http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/JEANS32/?multi=6&addtype=

Yea, I remember back in the day,(dating my self here:eek: ) Some guy would build a car, hammer the Index and the next week would be back with the same car weighted up or down to fit into a softer index class, then hammer it again.:rolleyes:

Jean,
That is the first time I saw those pictures. I like the 57 but really love the white altered. I guess you could tell I am an altered guy.... Can you post that???:eek:

jim
Glad you liked them. I guess you meant this one.:D
Irwindalecleanedup.jpg

Yea, I remember back in the day,(dating my self here:eek: ) Some guy would build a car, hammer the Index and the next week would be back with the same car weighted up or down to fit into a softer index class, then hammer it again.:rolleyes:
Yup, what really bothered me was when a Pro Stocker would come over to Sportsman and run Comp, as a B/A and kill things for the little guys.:mad: But as we say, those were the wayback days.:D Showing my age too.

Yup, what really bothered me was when a Pro Stocker would come over to Sportsman and run Comp, as a B/A and kill things for the little guys.:mad: But as we say, those were the wayback days.:D Showing my age too.

So, they don't build the multi class cars any more, or just not as many?:confused: My last stint with this type of racing was back when M/P was still an eliminator.

Last edited:
So, they don't build the multi class cars any more, or just not as many?:confused: My last stint with this type of racing was back when M/P was still an eliminator.

You must have missed this part.:D
" Yes Robert, as much as they can." In my other post.

They still do, but now some are building different cars too. So that between say, two cars they can run 5-6 classes in 1 season, with one driver getting all the points. That's why there is talk about limiting a driver, to 2 classes per season.

Well you have got to admit uh [ Thanks J Rod ] that its much easier for sportsman and the pro's to navigate their own forums rather than tiptoeing through all of it in one forum all mixed up!
As much as I love the pro's I spend 100 time's more time in sportsman pits than the usually once or twice a year seeing the pro's.
Without sportsman racers there would be only a traveling circus of cars an oddity if you will.
The pro's are a small but loud percentage of racers.

Shoot... I better just keep my mouth shut... Last time I was racing D/A had a 8.65 index :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back