one last thing... (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
I just wanted to thank everyone who has shared their pictures and their experiences this year. The fact that you have taken the time to share has been great and I am glad you did. From start to finish it has been a roller coaster of change, victories and losses. I am sure the spirited debates and discussions will continue and maybe the eye candy kings will once again find the Bazumbas their own version of eye candy once again when short sleeves and shorts come back out in the spring. May 2009 be a better year, meantime, let's enjoy the videos, the pictures and the fun while we share the holidays with our families and friends and make the most of life while we can.
g'

Great point Ginna!

Thanks to everyone that shared pics, stories and experiences. And thanks to all my friends for hanging out with me at Baytown and Vegas 2!

We've had a tough couple of seasons in our beloved sport. I know all the teams are ready for a break, but I'm already looking forward to 2009! :)

Great point Ginna!

Thanks to everyone that shared pics, stories and experiences. And thanks to all my friends for hanging out with me at Baytown and Vegas 2!

We've had a tough couple of seasons in our beloved sport. I know all the teams are ready for a break, but I'm already looking forward to 2009! :)

My sentiments as well Kel. Had a wicked great time hanging out with you at both venues. I too can't wait for 2009, so much so that I booked my flight today to go to Pomona1. Gonna hang out with that Rice guy from Dallas. Should we send the plane for you?

What a great year it has been. I determined that I never had to go more than 5 weeks so far in 2008 without hearing a motor roll over on nitro. I made a lot of new friends, and got to hang out with lots of old friends on more than one occasion. I got to go to new tracks that I have never been to before. I got to see cars that I never got to see before. I even got to be the ONLY spectator at a test session in which a former world champion renewed his license. I got to see state of the art and Nostalgia and had a great time at both.

Next year is shaping up for even MORE nitro at even more tracks I have never been to before (Gainesville!!!).

Thanks to all and can't wait for next year!!!!

Last edited:
I agree Ginna, for some of us that can't get to the races it's great to be able to experince it through someone else's eyes.

This year I had a total blast. Chicago was great, hanging out with Eric, Paul, and the rest of the gang.

Indy was a different story. It has become so much more because of the people. I just want to thank everyone for such a great time, and great friendships. We are very lucky to have each other.

This year I had a total blast. Chicago was great, hanging out with Eric, Paul, and the rest of the gang.

Indy was a different story. It has become so much more because of the people. I just want to thank everyone for such a great time, and great friendships. We are very lucky to have each other.

I agree, being able to discuss the on track events with people who were there kind of makes up for not attending each race. Also seeing the slide shows such as Joe's, makes me feel like I was there.

It was a great time this year at Joliet with the kids going crazy as we waited out the rain delay. Indy is Indy, always special.

Unfortunately, E-Town was the worst time I have ever had at the track. That Saturday afternoon was the first time I saw many of my heroes walking the pits with tears in their eyes and I will never forget seeing Connie, Doug, Jim O, and Grubby as they drove their golf cart pass me. It truly was a humbling experience which broke my heart. :(

I take the good and bad of this year and move forward into next year where I hope to build on the friendships I have made along the way. Right now I am debating what race will be my first of the year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back