A Question for Bill Stephens (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
I know Bill checks in here every once in a while, so here's a question for you, Bill, when you come visiting. You had a show "NHRA's Greatest Races" that was on briefly and then you told us it was going to go through a retooling to make it HD friendly. I haven't been able to find it since. I am hoping it's still a viable project, as the show was terrific as are all the Stephens creations. If you have news to share, here's hoping it's good news. Glad to have you back in the NHRA fold (officially) again! Keep up the good work.

I know Bill checks in here every once in a while, so here's a question for you, Bill, when you come visiting. You had a show "NHRA's Greatest Races" that was on briefly and then you told us it was going to go through a retooling to make it HD friendly. I haven't been able to find it since. I am hoping it's still a viable project, as the show was terrific as are all the Stephens creations. If you have news to share, here's hoping it's good news. Glad to have you back in the NHRA fold (officially) again! Keep up the good work.

Terry: "NHRA's Greatest Races" has been in production hiatus for the last year. As you can imagine, the time required to post-produce and edit these half-hour shows is considerable and with my duties with the televised Mecum Auctions keeping me on the road more frequently than when NHRA-GR went into production, the 13 new episodes have been taking longer to complete. Five new epsiodes are done, the sixth is almost finished, and then there will be 7 more to wrap up. I'm hoping to have all 13 completed by the end of the summer, but along with the Mecum programs, I just started working with Don Prudhomme on his biography which I'm writing. The publisher would like to release the book in conjunction with the premier of the "Snake & Mongoose" movie expected to hit theaters in the fall.

Thanks for asking about NHRA-GR. The feedback on the series has been great and I'm going to try to get the series to the network as soon as possible. It should be worth the wait!

Terry: "NHRA's Greatest Races" has been in production hiatus for the last year. As you can imagine, the time required to post-produce and edit these half-hour shows is considerable and with my duties with the televised Mecum Auctions keeping me on the road more frequently than when NHRA-GR went into production, the 13 new episodes have been taking longer to complete. Five new epsiodes are done, the sixth is almost finished, and then there will be 7 more to wrap up. I'm hoping to have all 13 completed by the end of the summer, but along with the Mecum programs, I just started working with Don Prudhomme on his biography which I'm writing. The publisher would like to release the book in conjunction with the premier of the "Snake & Mongoose" movie expected to hit theaters in the fall.

Thanks for asking about NHRA-GR. The feedback on the series has been great and I'm going to try to get the series to the network as soon as possible. It should be worth the wait!

Thanks for the quick response Bill and I'm really glad to see the show will be coming. Sounds like you're just a tad busy....can't wait for the Prudhomme project...and keep those Mecum shows coming!

Looking forward to the shows when they are ready Bill.
I like the idea of a snake bio but what kind of job can you (or anyone)do in 8or 9 months ??? Obviously they want to dovetail with the movie but what a sad missed opportunity to document a fascinating life in detail

Looking forward to the shows when they are ready Bill.
I like the idea of a snake bio but what kind of job can you (or anyone)do in 8or 9 months ??? Obviously they want to dovetail with the movie but what a sad missed opportunity to document a fascinating life in detail

I have already completed nearly 12 hours of interviews with Snake and there will be many more over the next couple of months. I'll also be interviewing a select list of his friends and family. The amount of detail I've already compiled--much which has never been published before--is remarkable. The book will be comprehensive and very enlightening. I've already done books with Big Daddy, Shirley Muldowney and Kenny Bernstein and I assure you Snake's bio will be thorough within the time window we're working.

Bill not to divert the original intent of this thread. But I am looking forward to the "Snake Book". I will have to add it to my Christmas list in the fall ;) I have already read your books about "Large Father" and Shirley. I must have missed the book on Kenny. What's the title of that one?

Bill not to divert the original intent of this thread. But I am looking forward to the "Snake Book". I will have to add it to my Christmas list in the fall ;) I have already read your books about "Large Father" and Shirley. I must have missed the book on Kenny. What's the title of that one?

The Bernstein book was titled "Kenny Bernstein: King of Speed" and is a large, glossy photo driven book that includes his entire career up until the end of 2003 when he finished the season for Brandon after he crashed in Englishtown. It's still available from Amazon.

I have an early book on the Snake from around 1975.
( Six Seconds to Glory ) I'll have to get the new book for my collection.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back