You wanted it?...you got it! (1 Viewer)

Thanks Jrod for this and The Driving Force Room...
Now I can get re-enlightened on sportsman racing and start to understand what's really going on

I think this forum is a slap in the face of the Sportsman racers!

It says, "you're not good enough to be in the NHRA forum" to me!!

I got your back!

I'm here to show my undying support of Comp Eliminator/"Sportsman" racing.

DD/AT!!!

Think of it this way. If it said NHRA Sportsman would you feel better? They just didn't, so they can post any IHRA/NHRA Sportsman stuff on one forum. Remember they are trying it out, per our request. If it goes real well, perhaps they'll give each their own space later. Let's not knock it down, without seeing how it goes.:) Just my opinion.

Thats not how I take it at all. And you need to face it as well, the casual fan, which is most of this board, doesnt give a rats azz about sportsman racing.

heh heh heh heh heh.......

LOL! Also those index's on AA/SM and DD/AT's in Comp. Elim.:eek: :D But I think I'll wait for more Sportsman to show up.:cool:

We have not yet BEGUN to tear into indexes.....I only hope Bruno doesn't kill it too badly before I have a shot at getting my car onto the track!

We have not yet BEGUN to tear into indexes.....I only hope Bruno doesn't kill it too badly before I have a shot at getting my car onto the track!

Better hurry! How much more have you got to go? Need more time or parts? Maybe both. :D Every time I think about jumping back into Comp. They bring in a new class and what some might say, a soft index.;) I can't afford to get into that game, with the high costs today. :(

Good luck to you. Looks like you'll be in the hunt for awhile, unless NHRA changes things or it's starts getting hammered.

Can of worns time:D Isn't Comp racing a lot like the super classes? Run fast enought to beat the other guy, but don't hammer the index.:confused: :D

At times it seems that way. Don't want to start a fire storm here.:D Comp is a favorite of mine, so I admit to being for it. The comp cars are far more interesting and more of a challenge to me. Other than when a new class comes in, the indexs get bumped around until things settle down.
When they open up a new class, sometimes the indexs start off very soft. So there is a lot of grumbling, until enough have come to that class and it's hammered down or corrected by NHRA.

The short answer is Nope, but they do play at the stripe too. Don't ever see the belly flops after the launch, as you do in the super classes though, or at least not on purpose.:D

In comp, with so many different classes and so many combo's, you have to have an index. It's just a moving target, as things change and parts improve.

I know Jean, just funnin with ya.:D Do they still build cars to run mutiple classes like they used to? Too damn many classes to keep track of.:cool:

Yes Robert, as much as they can. Funny you should mention this. It has gotten so bad, with guys changing classes, that their talking about limiting it to two classes per driver, per season. Time will tell. Some big money guys build for many different classes. Then they run one, until it gets hammered, then switch classes and run some more. The smaller teams ( like me) can't afford to keep switching around. It's the people and the cars that make it great. If they could just keep the costs down. I'm a dreamer on that one. :D

Don't know if you ever saw these, but here is a link to a few of my old toys.http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/JEANS32/?multi=6&addtype=

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back