Would Like to hear Your Opinion" (1 Viewer)

Flash

Nitro Member
As a new member of Nitromater and a none NHRA racer I woud love to read some of your thoughts and feedback regarding an incident / rule call made during the Semi's at the A.H.D.R.A ( all harley drag racing Assoc this wekend at Pomona. Ofcourse I am keeping in mind that some of you are not fans of dragbikes. but this a rule question?

My team member was in the Semi's in the S. G. The class was ran out of order in the semi's to get the run in before the 5pm rule. The bike in question was late getting to stagging (a few minutes) since he had just finished the quarter final run. The Officials waited for him, allowed the run. He won the race and would advance to the finals. After the run, an Official went to his pit and said his run was being disqualified for a no show. I would like to kow how you all would handle this sort of thing in the NHRA. By the way , the bike that won the race is in a very tight chase for the championship with one race to go in vegas this wekend and this deal may cost him. The other bike who protested is not in the points chase. Like to hear some feedback.

Thank You for your time reading this.

Jordan PSB , AHDRA

If he was late, he should not have run. The fact that he did should make it a good one. My $.02

If they waited and let him run, then it should count. If they were going to no show him, they should have ran it without him. I cant see how they could do that but rules decisions never cease to amaze me anymore.

If they were going to DQ him, he should have never taken the green. Once he rolled in to stage, it was game on.

Since the run was made out of order, because of the curfew, the rider who was late should have some leeway in making it to the lanes. If they didn't disqualify him before the run, it should be a legal run.

Does the AHDRA have rules governing this situation? Do they have guidelines for protesting a run? Were the guidlines followed? If not, it sounds like he is up a creek, the association can allow/disallow runs as they desire. I think the one doing the protesting should have filed the protest before the run. Once he staged and completed the run, it should be considered a legitimate run.

Since the run was made out of order, because of the curfew, the rider who was late should have some leeway in making it to the lanes. If they didn't disqualify him before the run, it should be a legal run.

Absolutely, Gary. Should've been allowed........period...........end of discussion. If I were the individual in that particular sanctioning body that made that reversal, I would be embarassed.

Sean D

If the reason he was late was because he just made a pass out of order and as instructed, the pass has to be good. Someone made that decision and it wasn't the bike driver.

A good question to ask is, why would they allow your team member to run if it were not going to count towards eliminations? How can it be a No Show, when he showed up, was allowed to stage and ran the race?

Also, I'm sure there is a dollar value in running that bike, so now you guys are in the business of making free exhibition passes?:confused:

Yeah, they should be embarrased with whomever made that call.

The starter makes the final call. If the competitor is not there on time, the starter should have run the one bike as a solo. If the team is protesting, that was the time to protest. Protest then and make the run as a solo. But if the other team, the starter and the organization is willing to wait, then they are bypassing the proper time to DQ the competitor. Once the starter hits the button on stage, that run is a go and the starter has made the final call to accept the run.
At least this is how I understand it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back