what would you like to see happen in 08 (1 Viewer)

handsome

Nitro Member
how about something besides the normal crap. what would you like to see happen in 08......1 rule... NO TORCO TALK!

how about F/C...scott kalitta with a win , ,, mel and t.j. in a final and mel wins , tim wilkerson with a couple wins. ..... ron capps finally get the title (mainly because i am a big fan of "the Ace") ,, T/F... ????? mabey hillary gets her first,, , would have liked to seen Scott Weiss back,, , and of coarse Bob Vandergriff gets a WIN., ,, pro stock.. .. jeggie repeats, , mark pawuk returns with strong power.

ahh,...I think it would be cool to see a really small underfunded T/F team finally come into some $$$$$$$$$$

I would like to see Ashley Force in the finals against Melanie Troxel, that would be a field day for the press.

since the topic of this thread is asking for our own personal wishes....

I would like to see John Force get back his title of world champ.
I would like to see Ashley Force win the Chicago RT 66 race since I plan to be there with my girls.
I wish that The Big Go 08 is better than ever, with track preparation not being an issue.
I also want a safe and trama free 08.

These are all the things I'd like to see this year:1. John get his title back, if not Robert or Ron.2. Ashley get her first win.3. Melanie get her first FC win.4. Bob V get his first one.5. Morgan Lucas get his first one.6.* JR Todd win the TF Championship7. Justin H get his first PS win.8. I'd love to see Pawuk back stronger than ever.9.* I hope Scotty Cannon kicks butt in Pro mod.10. I hope Josh Hernandez keeps pace since losing Howard.11.* I wish Billy Glidden would qualify for a PS race.12.* Mike Neff get his first win.13.* Hillary Will get her first win.14.* Matt Smith and Dave Connelly find a sponsor to run all year.15.* Clay Millican win a NHRA race if possible.16.* Great weather for the Houston race, I'm tired of the rain.17.* More sponsors come into the sport.18.* Tony Bartone win a FC race.19.* I hope Del Worsham has a decent year.20. Jack Beckman wins a few races.21.* I hope Cory Mac wins a race, and Doug Kalitta.22.* I think it would be cool for Scott K to win a FC race too.23.* Mainly I just want a safe year and everything to get settled back down.24.* I hope Powerade/Coke do a better job than they have promoting the sport.25.* It would be too cool to see an underfunded team get a win in any class.I'm sure there's more but thats all I can think of right now.

ahh,...I think it would be cool to see a really small underfunded T/F team finally come into some $$$$$$$$$$
Yeah, Microsoft for Strasburg to a 40 year deal payable in advance! Then Curtis would smile every time I saw him regardless of the last pass.

I'd like to see HD Partners complete the sale and bring great things to the forefront such as big pay TV packages which would lead to giant payouts which would lead to real full fields.

Am I asking too much again? Given these past few days, I'm sure I'll get an earful about brown nosing HD and wanting money from them? Ya think?

Billy Glidden in Pro Stock
John Force get the championship back
Ashley and Melanie in a FC final
and that we have a safe 2008. I really don't want a repeat of 2007....

I hope to see Ron Capps win the t/f title, Tim Wilkerson win a race or 2....Clay Millican get some funding and win a race, and see Allen Johnson win the title

I would like to see

Hillary get that first tf win

Capps to win the title

J force to have a very successful comeback

WJ to return to the #1 spot and if not him then for Kurt to get his first Championship

Angelle to wins needed to become the all time winningest bike

For Dave Connolly to be able to run the full season

A Gary Densham win

A Bob Vandergriff win

for nhra to have a promptional arm in the business.

for new sponsors to find out what a great sport this is

for someone to hire me to drive something,

most of all a very safe year

and yes of course I would like to see something happen that blows the countdown up even more

I'd like to see John Force roll into the winters and run a .40 right of the trailer.

Guess I don't want much LOL

How about a KBR sweep this year? Brandon taking the TF title and TJ taking the FC title, I can only hope!

I miss the old timers...
I'd like to see Joe Amato back in the sport.
I would love to see Shirley's team win a National event.
I would love to see Bob Glidden securing a Motorcraft sponsorship with Billy driving.
How about Dale Pulde instead of some of the many cute kids who can't drive?
War Eagle baby.....
I'd like to see Del get it together and contend.

Most of all, I'd like to see a better TV deal DONE, so the fragile sponsorship base gets some real ROI potential. That will attract more investment and grow our sport.

I'd like to see Alan Johnson finally announce his plans to open a Pottery Store, and that he's leaving racing, effective immediately. :D :p :)

No, seriously I hope everyone out there from the Safety Safari to the weekend local yokel racers at the many small tracks around the USA to Tony Shoemacher & John Force, to the food vendors & parking lot people, the fans and everyone in between has a safe, enjoyable season. I hope the fans have nice weather and races don't get postponed. I hope there's no conspiracys or turmoil. I hope there's some surprise winners and some exciting upsets. I hope some new sponsors and first time fans come to the sport. Drive safe, wear earplugs and good luck!

Last edited:
Good safe, side by side racing with no accidents(including testing sessions).

Also Armand Keller win a (national or divisonal) Wally in superstock.:)
and
Allen Johnson wins Pro Stock championship
Robert Hight wins Funny car championship
J.R. Todd wins Top Fuel championship
Matt Smith wins Pro Stock Bike championship

Last edited:
Ace McCulloch winning his first Title................

A Vandergriff win...........

Ashley Force vs. Melanie Troxel rivalry, complete with smack talk..............

Allen and Roy Johnson bringing Mopar back to the head of the class..........

Erica Enders getting a real bonefide sponsorship deal including a second car for Ritchie Stevens................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back