App I would like to see... (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I would like to see Drag Race Central make an app for iOS/Android. They're a great source of information, and an app from them most likely would be better than NHRA's app. They'd have more complete information.

Anyway, I doubt that would be coming soon. What else do people use for getting drag stats when on the run?

I set a bookmark on my iphone for the DRC NHRA page almost every week of a race (keeps you from seeing the IHRA, ADRL, etc page first). Do the same for LODRS events I follow. App might be better, but I doubt it ... for my uses at least.

1320go has a great app that works for 3 of the LODRS divisions (and many other non-NHRA big show divisions). Funny that the NHRA was on board for the game boy data card deal ... but won't do 1320go. Too bad.

What I really want is an audio app!

The problem isn't the programming, it is getting NHRA to give the information out to anyone except themselves and ESPN. They own the data and don't lease it. When iCard was running it was the best thing since sliced bread for RACERS, not the average fan. They got pissy with them and dropped it, too bad for us as racers.

NHRA programmers, or who ever designed the Live Timing for NHRA, suck at their job, no doubt about it. Who wants to see the christmas tree come down and two little dragsters move on the screen? Nobody does. I consider it one of the worst designs in history.

Our software interfaces with 1320go.com but that does not work at national events, just division races and bracket races at tracks that run it. I like this program but even it is still at the mercy of the dimwhits in the tower. At Firebird this weekend we had to tell them to change the date from 2004 to 2013 so the information would show up properly.

I can translate the ET info from NHRA's website but it is soooo slow.

The root of the problem is NHRA could care less, pure and simple. If it doesn't bring in revenue then they don't even know it exists. They spent the racers money to get this piece of crap to market, full of problems and they won't ever fix it. I would bet it goes quietly away in the next few years unless someone steps up and sponsors it.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back