WJ (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Can anyone confirm what I heard today at Norwalk that WJ had a health procedure done this week?

I can imagine the doc telling WJ to take it easy for a week and get plenty of rest. I can also imagine WJ following doctor's orders and taking it easy by only working an eight hour day.

But seriously hope he is on the mend.

glad to see Warren on the mend also. As a pro stock fan i'm still kinda disappointed that Warren and Kurt are not involved in the class in some kind of fashion ! you would think their experience would come in handy with some team !!
Yep,I would really like to see them involved in P/S in some capacity but I suppose they are happy doing their deal.

glad to see Warren on the mend also. As a pro stock fan i'm still kinda disappointed that Warren and Kurt are not involved in the class in some kind of fashion ! you would think their experience would come in handy with some team !!
Speaking of Kurt does anyone know what he’s doing these days?

Speaking of Kurt does anyone know what he’s doing these days?
I hear the name Kurt Johnson mentioned a lot as far as handling track prep at various events. I don't know if that's him, or a different guy with the same name, if someone cares to enlighten me

I thought I heard or read somewhere that WJ and KJ were in the shop doing some work for some Pro Mod teams these days.

the thing that puzzles me is every time the Johnson Name comes up, the response is, they are still grinding it out everyday at their shop. I'm just curious as to what avail ? I haven't heard of any racers mentioning running a Johnson piece in years, so perhaps they have moved on to non racing type of work ? The last guy running a Johnson motor was Hartford and that was years ago ! It'd Be nice to find out what they are up to these days!

the thing that puzzles me is every time the Johnson Name comes up, the response is, they are still grinding it out everyday at their shop. I'm just curious as to what avail ? I haven't heard of any racers mentioning running a Johnson piece in years, so perhaps they have moved on to non racing type of work ? The last guy running a Johnson motor was Hartford and that was years ago ! It'd Be nice to find out what they are up to these days!
They were doing road racing engines. I hadn’t noticed lately, but they have to be building engines for some of the sportsman racers. I do wonder why they still supposedly work so hard on pro stock engines if they are not going to use them.

Last edited:
Warren Johnson Enterprises is a full service High Performance Engine Shop. There's is a lot of work out there besides Drag Racing.

When I was there a couple of months ago they were working on everything from Pro Mod valvetrain stuff, to small block endurance engines, to Lamborghini cylinder head porting, even four cylinder Bonneville engines.

And there was a 500 ci Pro Stock engine on the dyno.

They are plenty busy.

Alan

Warren Johnson Enterprises is a full service High Performance Engine Shop. There's is a lot of work out there besides Drag Racing.

When I was there a couple of months ago they were working on everything from Pro Mod valvetrain stuff, to small block endurance engines, to Lamborghini cylinder head porting, even four cylinder Bonneville engines.

And there was a 500 ci Pro Stock engine on the dyno.

They are plenty busy.

Alan
If I am not mistaken I think Warren was also building some engines for a few drifting guys as well?

Kinda reminds me of Ed Pink. Powerful drag racing engine builder, especially in top Fuel. Ended up doing some really trick engine for Porsche and others.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back