Wilkerson in a Ford? (1 Viewer)

I just read this on nhra.com.
I'm happy & sad for Wilky!
Tasca & Co. seem like a class operation so I think it will help both.
However, I can't imagine Tim in a Ford and I assume that this ends the "partnership" with Snake!

However, Tim has a task at had to complete before next year!!!
Let's go Timmy!!!!

I think it's cool ! Will it be a Mustang like Team Force or a Shelby like Tasca's ?........................

Either way I'm glade to see Tim's hard work pay off! Bob is making a very smart business decission because Tim knows how to tune a F/C car!
It won't look too bad having the possible #1 plate as a teamate for Ford.
I see this as nothing but a positive and to finally see what Tim can do with a solid budget.

I'm just repeating what Wilkerson said during the press conference today.

Sorry, Bobby. I wasn't trying to imply that you had bad info and I was probably assuming too much.

I wonder if he'll still use Prudhomme's shop (dyno, etc...) next year with Tasca being in NC. Seems like that'd be an awful long and expensive haul to do that.

From what I understand, Ford will be supplying the bodies whereas Tim paid out of his own pocket for the Chevy bodies he's used up until now.

Last edited:
Well at least he'll be driving something sporty. Driving a front wheel drive 4 door Taxi Cab Impala as a race car just never seemed right.

Very cool news:D I'd sent Tim an email a few weeks back after ESPN2HD showed a shot of the front of his tow vehicle with the Illinois tag "NITRO FC" - that's the exact tag I put on the back of my 2005 Mustang GT earlier this year :cool: Tim's response back to me was "we both have great taste"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back