What time should I get to the track (1 Viewer)

Ted, the dragstrip is on North County Road 225. Most everyone enters from the South, which is just North of downtown Gainesville (thus the reason everyone enters from that direction). I typically stay off of exit 384 (State Road 24) close to the Ale House, so I will just run up a few exits to 399 (US 441) and head East. Take a look at the map because there are a few roads that you can take, but you want to get to NW 156th Avenue and go East until it dead ends into North County Road 225. Hang a right and your are 2 minutes from the track. You will know you are in the right place if you see a large purple house on the opposite corner (at the intersection of 156 and 225).

Just a quick line to say thanks for this great advice on travelling to the track. We came over from the UK for this excellent race and after looking at Google maps etc... we decided that coming from the south would be the shortest distance from our hotel on the 441, that is until I saw your post on coming from the north was much better.
I am happy to say that we had no traffic issues at all and we were at the track at 7.15 every morning and drove straight out at the end of the day with no problems,

So thank you Michael Hayes for that great advice..... :)

Ted, the dragstrip is on North County Road 225. Most everyone enters from the South, which is just North of downtown Gainesville (thus the reason everyone enters from that direction). I typically stay off of exit 384 (State Road 24) close to the Ale House, so I will just run up a few exits to 399 (US 441) and head East. Take a look at the map because there are a few roads that you can take, but you want to get to NW 156th Avenue and go East until it dead ends into North County Road 225. Hang a right and your are 2 minutes from the track. You will know you are in the right place if you see a large purple house on the opposite corner (at the intersection of 156 and 225).
Thank you Micheal for the directions I had no problems with traffic congestion on any day

I was amazed that as large as the crowds were, the traffic was not too bad. I have to admit we went early and came home late but still...............

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back