radio headphones at the track (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
I am wanting to get something to be able to hear the announcers while at the track.

I know there are the big honkin headphones (plantronics I think) My dad has a pair and they are nice but they're so bulky.

I've heard other people use some type of regular ear bud. Does this block out enough of the engine noise? I don't want to have to crank the radio so loud that it damages my hearing.

What out there works. I want something to lower the decibels so I can hear in 20 more years and I want to be able to get the radio broadcast of the event.

We bought the Earadios from DRC and they were not very good at Vegas. We are in section C of the TEC and, I guess, we are too close to the starting line.
If anyone finds something that works, I'd be glad to know.

I have four of the Peltor "worktunes". I adore them. I got them through Amazon (here's a link). They are big, but they cut out the noise very well, and listening to the PA announcer is a wonderful thing. Changes the whole experience of being at the races.

I just started using them last year, and I'd never go without them again (which is why we have four -- we "misplaced" two, bought more, then found the originals... :) ).

I have four of the Peltor "worktunes". I adore them. I got them through Amazon (here's a link). They are big, but they cut out the noise very well, and listening to the PA announcer is a wonderful thing. Changes the whole experience of being at the races.

I just started using them last year, and I'd never go without them again (which is why we have four -- we "misplaced" two, bought more, then found the originals... :) ).

yeah those are the ones my dad has, they are great just bulky to carry around as I wonder the pits

I've been going to the digs since the '70's, and have yet to hear Paul Page on the track pa. N or I HRA.

The track announcers?

I would rather hear the engines than listen to Paul Page.:)

Most tracks have a AM or FM band radio for the racers (and fans ) to follow along with the track announcers. Not the TV announcers. Years ago we started using ear buds inside of the noise suppressing head phones. We would plug them into a small walkman type radio. It worked ok.

Radio Shack also has the Radio (NASCAR) monitors.....you may need an adapter to plug into your radio source.

I saw a few at Pomona who purchased the Racing Radio's deal ( they go to the NASCAR and NHRA races) and it has the ability to find the AM/FM station as well as other things (teams) to listen to. If you listen to Forces Team it is sometimes interesting as well as entertaining. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back