We have lost another great one (1 Viewer)

Surprisingly, the Hawaiian Vacation car only had a lifespan of 10 events in 1993 from March (Houston) to August (Sonoma?). 1993 was Prudhomme's second to last year and was winless. Dixon took over for Snake in 1995.
I read that the checks quit cashing from the Hawaiian Tourists Bureau......

I read that the checks quit cashing from the Hawaiian Tourists Bureau......
i really think the car's last race was at BIR......it's 30 years ago, but i remember there was a raffle box at the end of someone's trailer; fill out a slip of paper to enter to win a
trip to hawaii. i'm almost positive it was this FC, why else would you enter to win trip to hawaii, than in the hawaiian FC's pit? ...... what i remember is coming home, i think rite away
on sunday evening, i get a phone call, and this would have been our home's land line back then, a voice says 'you won the hawaii trip raffle at BIR' ..... a few questions later, and the gig
was i needed to wire transfer something like $500 by 4pm the next day, and then further instructions would follow. i didn't just fall off the turnip truck. it was too good to be true.

Here's an interesting photo. Okuhara and Dixon on the right, 240 Gordie was the driver, and Leonard Hughes crew chief painted on the hood. Leonard (not pictured) was the crew chief on this car for 2 years after they lost the Motorcraft sponsorship and Oswald left. When Candies and Hughes got the got the Smoking Joe's deal, 240 went with Leonard to drive it.

View attachment 14139
Is that Okuhara next to Dixon? Lot of familiar looking faces...........

Fb just had condolences up for Mighty Mike Van Sant...
This month has been a heartbreaker...

Fb just had condolences up for Mighty Mike Van Sant...
This month has been a heartbreaker...
Crap. I had not heard that about Van Sant.
But, I just talked with another member of the team. He is in California and had just gotten notification himself.
In 2014 Mike drove out to Arkansas to accompany the Invader team at a race in Tulsa.
This was my first event with the team.
I shot this picture of Glenn and Mike in Glenn's shop while we were prepping the Invader. This was in 2014.
Mike is on the right. RIP
DSC_3750.jpeg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back