Nostalgia Funny Car Pass World Finals (1 Viewer)

moparcrazy

Nitro Member
Man, Roland knows one thing. Race to win! Boychuck drives his & Ron Hodgson's Firebird tuned by Roland Leong to the quickest pass these cars have ever made, 5.63 @ 258 on Friday! Hope they get another shot today.

John, I bet you didn't expect this puny response to your thread considering all the whining it received on other boards.

The run backs up my prediction made 4 years ago about VRA legal cars capable of running 5.65. With what I have seen lately, 5.40's are not far away in the right conditions. But to what benefit?

VHRA cars have ran much quicker in private testing, and under IHRA rules those cars are capable of running mid to low 5's, but both groups understand the dimenishing returns for pushing the envelope. To be a successful class it is more important to put on a show than to have all out performances.

I applaud their performance success while also understanding what they are doing to the class as a whole.

i agree Virgil, the show aspect means more in some categories than the "go for the throat performance" aspect. Like the days of the 32 funny car shows of the 70s and 80s, I remember the old US All Pro Funny Car Championships at E-Town, I remember it was show aspect with the burnout contests, California style start-up, dry hops and "drivin it like you hate it" and it was loose on trying to set world records, I remember from those events (granted the august weather in nj does play a factor to an extent) the first round they all didn't run spectacular times, the 2nd round they ran better 95 percent of the time. I think nostalgia FC racing should be used for that context to put on a show and not be all hellbent on going for the world records. Leave that to the big show.

John, I bet you didn't expect this puny response to your thread considering all the whining it received on other boards.

I applaud their performance success while also understanding what they are doing to the class as a whole.

Virgil, the difference in response to his post has to do with the fact this board is based around the NHRA Big Show, not the NFC(AA/FC) like the Classic FC board is. Most on here dont give a rats a** about the NFC's(AA/FC) rules.

I do however agree with your last statement!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back