Unsportsmanlike conduct. (1 Viewer)

Anybody think of this: Maybe this new spotlight on Cameron will get some people behind him and writing checks for next year!

For me, I'm just disappointed in Torrence's actions. I didn't like when he threw the fit a couple of years ago over the points system, but he seemed to have gotten his sh!t together since then. I've even grown to like and root for him, and I like his interviews because he's usually pretty smooth on the mic with a nice taste of trash-talking, which I can get into.

I'll echo what pretty much everybody here has been saying about Ferre. There was absolutely ZERO wrong with ANYTHING he did, be it at the starting line or at the top end. It's been less than a day and I'm already sick of hearing stuff like, "but, but, but you don't know what Cameron said to him...…". It doesn't matter what he may or may not have said to him because it was a conversation that shouldn't have even been happening in the first place. Torrence was pissed when he initially got out of the car BEFORE the conversation even took place between he and Cameron, so that alone tells you that Torrence had an agenda. Then he goes over and shakes his hand while pointing in his face about something that obviously never happened, so if I'm Cameron and KNOW that I did nothing wrong, I would've probably had a similar reaction. For that matter, not only did Cameron do nothing wrong, he wasn't even close. He took a tick over 2-seconds to stage behind Torrence (providing the graphics at FOX are remotely accurate) and went in deep, which is not only perfectly legal to do, but something that the most prolific name in the sport does on a regular basis when he feels like he's outgunned.

Simple advice for Torrence would be to get your sh!t together, both on the starting line and when the mic and/or camera are around because there's really no excuse for what you did yesterday, young man. Not for a multi-time World Champion that has been through what you've been through. When you roll that rocket into the second beam, be prepared to wait 7-seconds if that's what the rules allow. Those rules have been in place for quite some time and are in effect whether you're in the final stages of chasing the championship or you're the first pair out in February. If you're doing your thing, no games CAN be played on you in the first place. It's simply not possible. It's nice that you offered the apology, but everybody that follows this sport with any consistency knows the root of that apology was likely prodded along by the NHRA brass. Another bet I'm willing to make, despite what was pointed out earlier by PJ regarding the sanctioning body's history of not taking action, is that had Cameron dropped him (like he probably should have) he would've likely been loading his sh!t before the next round, whether he lost the round or not.

I won't even respond to Pedregon's statement on the telecast with anything other than I think he does a much better job than most think he does, but I really was stunned that he would say something that stupid.

Sean D

Everyone complains about the same old boring, robotic like top end interview's. Then this happens, and what does everyone do about it! They complain!!
No issues with the in the face arguing...ala Lee Beard vs. Force back in the day or Force vs. T Ped at Indy....but to shove a guy in the face goes overt the line. NHRA has to take action

Anybody think of this: Maybe this new spotlight on Cameron will get some people behind him and writing checks for next year!

Agree! When I seen the crowd cheering Cameron when he came up the return road I said this can only be good for him in the long run🙂

I think next season everyone should deep stage Steve and have a sticker on the side of every other car that says "Do it for Cameron!"😜

Saw this on Facebook. Racers will get it.

1574098854700.png

For those who say look at what Ace (and others) have done in the past, I'm certain there were more than one willing participants in those frays. You should never put your hands on someone else in an aggressive manner like that. Go to your truck and get ready for the next round. Listen to Torrance's interview before the confrontation and it is obvious he was already agitated with Ferre.

I have to say this in regards to the comparison between this and the "Don't Be A Victim " shirt. This had me thinking maybe I shouldn't have got a giggle out of it but then I thought about it. First off that is like comparing the incident at the O.K. Corral which is somewhat glorified with a modern day gang shootout in L.A..
I don't think the shirt was glorifying the fact that he beat someone up I believe it was more like when you laugh with a friend about the things you did when you were young and dumb. McCulloch probably regrets it. I think 20 years down the road everyone including those involved would get a kick out of a shirt that displays the scene with a "Fear The Handshake" on it. Time will heal this as long as Steve doesn't continue to act like brat.

This is all about who Steve Torrence believes Steve Torrence is. Champions in this sport should view Cameron Ferre's actions as the proverbial flea they just swatted off. Cameron did everything he could. Steve still won. Instead of Steve uttering the phrase internally "I just squashed that grape, and on to the next victim.", he choose to whine and get in Cameron's face. I was disappointed in the fact that Steve Torrence didn't act like a champion.

But everyone makes mistakes in life. I have. Best of luck to both in the future.
I didn't need Torrence's apology on-air to his ppl and fans.
If he's truly apologetic then he'll seek out Cameron, offer to shake his hand, and apologize.
This is what matters.
The End. Move On.

Been my experience when people feel the need to say over and over again "he's really a good person and very likeable" HE'S PROBABLY NOT! He continues to act like a someone with a little big man complex whose a spoiled brat. It's probably a good thing his family sponsors him because I doubt if anyone else would after all his antics.

Did anyone catch what Tony P. said about this? Something like Cameron being in the other lane was like the slower car in a road race so he should just get out of the way. Really? Someone dares to try to win the round against the entitled Steve? Tony has some strange ideas. That’s not a part of professional courtesy.

100% agree. I was shocked at what TPed was saying. It's like we were watching 2 different races. NHRA shouldn't need any more reason to dump his a$$ IMO. He's not any value to the broadcast, I can almost guarantee that.

Forget what Cameron may have said on the top end.
Torrence was mad before he got out of his car.
The bigger question is, what did Cameron do that got Torrence stirred up in the first place?
Cameron deep staged. Big deal.
Has Torrence shoved everybody who deep staged against him?

To call Cameron a “nobody wannabe” is unwarranted.
Unlike Torrence, whose family’s business allows him to race with the best of everything, Cameron is working and hustling to find enough money to allow him to race on a higher level.
That’s the type of racer who built the sport.

After this incident, Cameron should be honored with a new term. Deep staging from now on shall be referred to as "Getting Ferre'd".

Have been watching this thread since it started. And it's blowing the f up! I'm sitting in Ontario airport waiting to fly home. I can't wait to watch the DVR tonight. Yesterday was a strange day at the races that's for sure! Torrence had boos raining on him all afternoon.

Hagan probably wouldn't have been laughing at the time, either. Hed have been a lot more professional about the entire thing. I'd put money on it. So neither would have been in the position for it to happen because Hagan wouldn't have responded like Ferre did and aggravate the situation even more. Even if he did, everbody knows Steve wouldn't have done that to Hagan.

But everybody also knows Matt wouldn't have responded like Cameron did. He's a professional.

I would challenge you to tell me exactly how Cameron's reaction was unprofessional. Rolling your eyes at someone who is obviously full of s#it is neither unprofessional nor deserving of corresponding next response.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back