Track prep? (1 Viewer)

Paul,

Pardon my ignorance, but just what is SSR? I'd like to know what measuring stick you are referring to.

Hi:)
Kurt I believe he is using the derogatory term "Silver Spoon Racing", referring to the KB/Summit team of Greg & Jason.
Thanks JP:D

Derogatory? the truth my man,the truth. I'm wondering if anybody else is wondering how SSR got down the track without the problems of the others?

Paul,

Pardon my ignorance, but just what is SSR? I'd like to know what measuring stick you are referring to.

Hi:)
Kurt I believe he is using the derogatory term "Silver Spoon Racing", referring to the KB/Summit team of Greg & Jason.
Thanks JP:D

Okay, I get it. I'm sure that is what Paul was referring to as now I remember the thread(s) about GA and calling his team SSR (Silver Spoon Racing) that some 'Mater made up, and others agreed. Just forgot. I did figure it had to be GA/JL and was trying to make (S)ummit S R mean something, and couldn't.

"Silver spoon" implies they were born with good cars, a good team and sponsorship. That really doesn't apply to Greg and Jason. They've had to earn everything that they've got and earn it they have. :)

Back on topic: I still don't understand what Larry would like to see done to prep the track for P/S. At Reading, a number of racers had a long conversation with Rick Stewart and walked most of the right lane. They never did explain what was going on to the fans in the stands. I'm guessing Larry's comments weren't just prompted by Richmond but rather an on-going problem. If so, what's the deal?

Last edited:
WJ says there needs to be prep done after the fuel cars run in front of the PS
cars. Not sure what kind of prep but I saw them working on the track for a few minutes after every session at Indy. Didn't see any lane difference there and if there was it was minor. Yesterday was just stupid. Sure glad I didn't pay to see that mess. I might be just an ignorant bracket racer but it sure doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make two strips of concrete and asphalt at least semi equal. Just sayin'....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back