What's up with the downtime? (1 Viewer)

Tom

Nitro Member
LONG down time between F/C Rd2 and Pro Stock while they prep the track. Why? It's a 4 lane track. Why not set up the left lanes for fuel and 1000', and set the other two lanes up for everything else at 1/4? Wan't this one of the reasons FOR a four lane track? I swear, NHRA is the Amtrak of the Motorsports world. :D

The long trak prep time I understand, in light of the two different racing lengths and all the flap about Pro Stocks having to fight the last 320 feet. As for running them on the other side, other than the time and expense of having to prep four lanes, there's really no reason not to use them as far as I can see.

The long trak prep time I understand, in light of the two different racing lengths and all the flap about Pro Stocks having to fight the last 320 feet. As for running them on the other side, other than the time and expense of having to prep four lanes, there's really no reason not to use them as far as I can see.

The fact that no one has been down the other lanes is a big issue. One idea that MIGHT work is one set of lanes for the 1000' and one for 1320'.

The fact that no one has been down the other lanes is a big issue. One idea that MIGHT work is one set of lanes for the 1000' and one for 1320'.

That's what I am saying. One set of lanes for the fuel cars and 1000' and the other set for the gas cars at 1/4'.

Hey - it happens. I used to hate oil downs, just sitting there baking in the grandstands, watching tractors creep back and forth and guys with brooms. But now, the absolute worst......when listening to the audiocast is.... having to listen to ALL RIGHT Z-MAX DRAGWAY HOW WE DOIN OUT THERE? WE'RE GONNA HOOK YOU UP WITH SOME FREE STUFF. WHO WANTS A FREE T SHIRT? IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE AT Z MAX DRAGWAY AND THE NHRA FULL THROTTLE DRAG RACING SERIES. EVERYBODY ON THIS SIDE OF THE TRACK, LET ME HEAR YOU MAKE SOME NOISE!

Hey - it happens. I used to hate oil downs, just sitting there baking in the grandstands, watching tractors creep back and forth and guys with brooms. But now, the absolute worst......when listening to the audiocast is.... having to listen to ALL RIGHT Z-MAX DRAGWAY HOW WE DOIN OUT THERE? WE'RE GONNA HOOK YOU UP WITH SOME FREE STUFF. WHO WANTS A FREE T SHIRT? IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE AT Z MAX DRAGWAY AND THE NHRA FULL THROTTLE DRAG RACING SERIES. EVERYBODY ON THIS SIDE OF THE TRACK, LET ME HEAR YOU MAKE SOME NOISE!

can't figure out of the four free t-shirts shot out the air cannon
by geico animacion team during each nat. event, WHY doesn't someone
chuck it back at the geico guys!?.........i would in a second if i ever caught one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back